cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login into Amazon Prime Video

chinu
I've been here awhile

I have been trying to login into my amazon prime video account but as soon as I add Ignite TV to my account, the app shows there's an error while loading my profile. When I click on retry, the error screen keeps on coming up again and again.

I have tried system refresh but that didnot work.

***Edited Labels***

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Unable to login into Amazon Prime Video

RogersJermaine

Greetings @chinu,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for posting your query here! 

That can be frustrating not being able to login to the app but lets see try some things to see if we can get that corrected. 

Are you having trouble logging in directly to Amazon Prime? 

Have you tried these steps found here? Let us know if these steps were able to help resolve your issue. 

Looking forward to your reply! 

Rogers Jermaine

chinu
I've been here awhile

Hey @RogersJermaine,

Thank you for your reply.

I am able to login into my amazon prime video account on all the other devices that I have. Also, I did try the steps mentioned on the link you shared but it still isn't working for me.

Attaching a couple of photos of the errors that I'm getting.

PXL_20220320_220004987.jpgPXL_20220320_220109330.jpg

Hello @chinu,

I can see how receiving such an error message can be concerning. Can you please try the below steps?

1.    Open the Amazon Prime Video app on Ignite TV.
2.    Select Settings.
3.    Select Deregister your device, then confirm. You’ll be taken back to the Amazon Prime Video main menu.
4.    Re-open the Amazon Prime Video
5.    Select Sign In.
6.    Follow the on-screen prompts to register your TV.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps if the issue still persists. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

RogersRahul

chinu
I've been here awhile

Hey @RogersRahul,

Sorry for the late reply.

I did follow the steps that you mentioned and I still run into the same error.

Hello, @chinu.

Thank you so much for trying the steps; it appears there is some communication failure between the app and the server. 

I appreciate the screenshots you have provided earlier and thank you for your patience. Can we try the following steps, please? 

• Under Account//Content & Devices//Devices, you should see registered devices. Please deregister your Ignite TV box (STB) and also your TV if it's listed.
  • Unplug the power to your Ignite TV box and TV.
  • For testing purposes, can you switch the HDMI port of the TV while it's unplugged?
  • Power up both the box and TV
  • Launch the Amazon Prime Video app and complete the Sign-in process.

Please keep us posted on the outcome!

Regards,

RogersMoin

arjunsreenivas
I've been around

I tried all the optional available but it never worked for me, any other solutions 

chinu
I've been here awhile

Hey @RogersMoin, Tried these steps but still running into the same error.

@arjunsreenivas & @chinu

It's quite baffling that none of the steps we've tried worked so far. We can have this anomaly investigated. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Regards,

RogersMoin

PS: @arjunsreenivas, thank you for joining this conversation, and welcome to our Community. 

Hello, @chinu & @arjunsreenivas.

A quick follow-up; we haven't heard from you both. Has the issue been resolved?

Keep us apprised, and if the issue persists, please drop us a line in a private message as suggested in the previous post.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

ppbrahme
I've been around

@RogersMoin I'm facing same issue. Tried all possible workarounds mentioned here. Is this happening because we are accessing prime accounts created outside of Canada? Does it require to have an account created on amazon.ca as against account created on amazon.com or amazon.co.uk or amazon.in?

Hello, @ppbrahme

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congratulations on your first post.

If you have tried all the steps listed here without a solution then we'll need to escalate a ticket to have this investigated and resolved. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps and we can get started on this for you. 

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 in conversation