cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Ignite TV to load. It just loops and will not let me login.

Philster
I plan to stick around

So I have an issue with one of my PC's. I cannot get the Ignite login page to stay still. It just loops endlessly. The sign on screen loads for a micro second but then just disappears back to the 3 white dots.  YouTube, Crave TV, Prime TV and Paramount Plus all work just fine. I can get the Ignite login page to work fine on my laptop. I have tried resetting my modem and clearing all cache on this PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to get Ignite TV to load. It just loops and will not let me login.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm guessing that IgniteTV does a few checks before it will work.

1. Are you connected to your home network?

2. Is the location information correct?

3. Is the time-zone/time correct.

Glad you got it sorted.

Edit - Most people have their computers set to check/update the time when you reboot/start the computer. That's one other reason to do a reboot/restart of the computer, and to select that option.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's a link to a list of things to check. Try a different browser?  Incognito mode? Etc.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/46...

Philster
I plan to stick around

Thanks 57, I followed the instructions on your link and it is still doing the same thing. 

1. Make sure that you have Javascript turned on in your browser settings. ON

2. Make sure you don't have a pop-up blocker enabled. OFF

3. Make sure you don't have any "extensions" like adblockers enabled. NONE

4. Try a different browser. Firefox and Edge doing the same thing

5. It's always good to have a "clean" browser as a fallback so that you don't have anything blocking progress on certain websites that require some or all of the above. Firefox was just installed today to try this 

6. Try using Incognito Mode in Chrome (Private Mode in Firefox or Safari) as this usually bypasses any problematic cookies or cache issues. Incognito mode does nothing

7. Try clearing cookies, cache and reboot your PC. Cleared all Cache

8. If you're using a VPN, or any other "non-standard configuration", disable it temporarily. No VPN

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Did you reboot the PC?  If it doesn't work after that, the only other suggestion I have is to contact the @CommunityHelps people here.  Login to the forum, click on the hyperlink @CommunityHelps and send them a message (near top right of most browser screens after clicking the link).

Philster
I plan to stick around

Thanks 57, I will try that. Have a great day. 

Philster
I plan to stick around

57 I could not see a place to post my question at the @community helps link ?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's @CommunityHelps  and you don't post a question, you send them a message.

See also:  https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Blog/How-to-send-a-Private-Message/ba-p/487946

Philster
I plan to stick around

Thanks again 57. I am happy to report I have fixed the issue. Weird as this sounds got back from my lunch break and I noticed the time on my PC was out by about 20 minutes. I reset it and my time zone and everything works. Very strange but I am glad. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm guessing that IgniteTV does a few checks before it will work.

1. Are you connected to your home network?

2. Is the location information correct?

3. Is the time-zone/time correct.

Glad you got it sorted.

Edit - Most people have their computers set to check/update the time when you reboot/start the computer. That's one other reason to do a reboot/restart of the computer, and to select that option.

Ruprect
I've been around

It was a time date issue for me. Once corrected it connected with no issues. Thank You

el-tigre
I've been around

I had the exact same issue on a win 8 laptop. tried everything to fix it and even though my PC clock time was in sync, when I gave it a try to reset the PC time it worked. here is the exact procedure I used... 

1. right click your date/time on the taskbar.

2. left click [adjust date/time]. The [Date and Time] window will open

3. left click [internet time]  tab

4. click [Change Settings]

5. click  the drop down arrow in the [Server] box 

6. select a different server than the one shown in the box

7. click [Update]

8 check to confirm your new time is correct for your city and if so you are done, if not you may have to change your [adjust for daylight savings time] and or [Time Zone] settings.

9. click [OK] and then try to log in with a new tab

jameslannon
I've been here awhile

Hello, I felt like I had to share this on the page. I too have been dealing with this issue for well over a month, I have contacted rogers many times to no avail. They said it was "my issue with my device" so they could not help. I almost signed up for Geeksquad which rogers recommened to me. I tried everything that was listed on this page, the last thing I tried was the date/time adjust and it worked!!! I hope this gets passed along in case this happens to other people. Thanks for the info!!

CSL33
I've been around

Thank You!

The only thing I would add is that simply opening a new TAB did not suffice. I needed to open a completely new instance/window of the browser (Chrome in my case).

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 in conversation