cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to my wireless printer or my tablet - will not accept password

jbird
I plan to stick around

I have searched here and don't see any similar issues with other users. 

We just switched from cable internet to Ignite TV/Internet.   When assigning the devices onto the wifi network, we typed in the the password I had setup for the wifi network but kept saying 'wrong password'.   I ended up copying the password from the router/modem in the app to my phone and texting it to each phone.  Then pasting the password allowed the connection.   Then I tried to connect my laptop to the network but it wouldn't take the password I typed in.   I had to take the ethernet cable and hook up to the Gateway modem sent myself an email from my phone with the password.  Copied and pasted into the network and was able to connect that way.  

Now, I am trying to connect my HP wireless printer and tablet but they both won't accept the typed in password and I am puzzled now how to connect to be able to copy and paste the password since I cannot hook up ethernet to either device.   Why is this only allowing copy and paste and not typing?  

thanks for any help, haven't tried phoning rogers helpline yet came here first, hoping it's quicker.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to connect to my wireless printer or my tablet - will not accept password

jbird
I plan to stick around
I have solved my issue. I went and paired it as a device and that worked.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Unable to connect to my wireless printer or my tablet - will not accept password

RogersCorey

Greetings @jbird!

My name is Corey and I'm here to offer some assistance.

As far as I'm aware, typing in your passphrase manually should still work. I recently had friends over for a D&D night that were able to manually type in the passphrase into their devices and laptops to connect to my WiFi network without any troubles.

Keep in mind that passphrases are case sensitive so if you're not typing it exactly as it appears, the connection will be rejected.

Is there anyone else in the Community that has encountered a similar issue with pasting a passphrase vs. typing it manually?

Regards,

RogersCorey

jbird
I plan to stick around
I have solved my issue. I went and paired it as a device and that worked.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
How did u solve the problem? did u have a typo when typing the password?

That does not work...... Tried it several times

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation