Unable to Login to Admin Settings on XB6

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Unable to Login to Admin Settings on XB6

@RogersAndy wrote:

Hey @gumshoe99!

In answer to your question the defaults are as follows once you have set up your WiFi :).

Username: cusadmin

Password: your WiFi password

Hope that helps clear up any confusion! Let us know if you have any further questions.

Is the admin username on the XB6 "cusadmin" or "admin"?

Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Mine is admin, but I do not recall if I changed it.
RogersRob

Hi -G-,

Thank you for your post! 

The credentials required to log in to the admin settings on the XB6 modems are: 

• Username: “Admin
  • Password: The default is “password” but you will have been asked to change it on your first sign-in.

Hope this helps! 

CommunityHelps

RogersRob

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersRob  Thanks for clarifying.  It has been a year since I last reset my XB6 and reconfigured from scratch using a web browser.  I didn't know if the username/password conventions for admin access would have changed if you install using the new procedure .

riekcre
I've Been Around

Toggling WiFi on/off | Rogers - Rogers

This webpage needs to be updated as it lists the username as "cusadmin" but it should in fact just be "admin".

Don_Ca

You are correct, it does.
ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So if I reset the XB6 gateway all the way to "factory settings", as described above... is there any particular issue with my Rogers account???

Or can I just plug in a PC, log on to the default admin:password, configure it as I want, and all will be well with my Rogers world??   

toluwole
I've Been Around

Hi, I forgot my password to the 10.0.0.1 admin login page. I'm on a Rogers Ignite Wi-Fi router

ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@toluwole wrote:

Hi, I forgot my password to the 10.0.0.1 admin login page. I'm on a Rogers Ignite Wi-Fi router

Somebody may prove me wrong, but I think you have to do a factory reset as discussed in post number 12 of THIS THREAD

Don_Ca

I think you are correct, but they can try their wifi password, it could be that.