Unable to Login to Admin Settings on XB6

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Unable to Login to Admin Settings on XB6

I just did a factory reset of my modem as I has the same issue with not being able to log in.

I did the same thing at my sisters and for her the default password was __NOT__ "password" but the default wifi pass phrase printed on the button of her modem. For me however this is __NOT__the case. I'm locked out of my modem after trying the passphrase, "password", my old passphrase I'm stuck

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

SOLVED: So for my case where the web portal always reported incorrect password for admin! even after I did a reset (pushed reset button for 10s) I was able to solve it by actually holding down for 10s 🙂

I counted out 10s then let go last time. I saw the modem reset and sure enough my wifi settings were reset however still no luck on the password. This time I just kept holding it down; I did not release the reset button until I saw the LED on the modem turn orange. After that when i re-connected to the default wifi and opened http://10.0.0.1 I was now treated to a first time setup screen instead of a login screen. I followed the steps (setting my wifi ssid and pass phrase) then after it switched over to my named ssid when I reconnected I got the standard admin portal and this time the default credentials worked as advertised (admin:password) :woohoo:

I think holding the reset for 10s then releasing is a reset but holding the bugger down until the modem cries uncle is a full factory reset and that fixed my issue :+1:

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bvanderlaan  I'm still not clear what procedure you are using to perform the reset but please try the following:

• With the XB6 modem powered on, using a paper clip, depress the reset button at the rear of the modem and keep it depressed until the white status light turns off.  The modem should then reset.
  • The status LED will flash amber, green, and will then finally flash white.  At this point, the XB6 is ready for Wi-Fi setup.
  • Using a computer with a direct Ethernet connection to a LAN port, connect your web browser to http://10.0.0.1 and perform the first-time Wi-Fi setup.
  • Connect again to http://10.0.0.1 and you should now be at the gateway's admin login screen where you should be able to log in with Username "admin" and Password "password"
  • As soon as you log in, you'll be prompted to change the admin password to something other than the default.

At what point do you see anything different with your setup?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bvanderlaan  Looks like I was a bit too slow typing in my step-by-step instructions on how to perform the "paper clip" reset.  😀  I'm happy to hear that you were able to get this sorted out!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Thanks first step was just Gateway
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Ignite Admin Password

Without resetting the modem is there anyway to know what the install technician would have changed the dthe admin password to on my Ignite modem?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DCarswell wrote:

Without resetting the modem is there anyway to know what the install technician would have changed the dthe admin password to on my Ignite modem?

If the default "admin / password" does not work, the only other password choices that I can think of might be either your WiFi password or your WiFi network name.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

what will be the username or where can you find it?