cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Login to Admin Settings on XB6

Nathair
I've been around

I am attempting to log in to my Arris XB6 via https://10.0.0.1. As instructed I tried Username:"admin" and Password:"password". Incorrect password for admin. I then tried Username:"admin" and the current  WiFi password as Password. Incorrect password for admin. Since all the support docs on resetting the Arris begin with doing exactly what I am doing... I'm stuck.

Is there another way of accessing or resetting the password?

*** Edited Labels ***

34 REPLIES 34

Re: Unable to Login to Admin Settings on XB6

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Mine is admin, but I do not recall if I changed it.

Hi -G-,

Thank you for your post! 

The credentials required to log in to the admin settings on the XB6 modems are: 

• Username: “Admin
  • Password: The default is “password” but you will have been asked to change it on your first sign-in.

Hope this helps! 

CommunityHelps

RogersRob

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersRob  Thanks for clarifying.  It has been a year since I last reset my XB6 and reconfigured from scratch using a web browser.  I didn't know if the username/password conventions for admin access would have changed if you install using the new procedure .

Toggling WiFi on/off | Rogers - Rogers

This webpage needs to be updated as it lists the username as "cusadmin" but it should in fact just be "admin".

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
You are correct, it does.

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

So if I reset the XB6 gateway all the way to "factory settings", as described above... is there any particular issue with my Rogers account???

Or can I just plug in a PC, log on to the default admin:password, configure it as I want, and all will be well with my Rogers world??   

Hi, I forgot my password to the 10.0.0.1 admin login page. I'm on a Rogers Ignite Wi-Fi router

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@toluwole wrote:

Hi, I forgot my password to the 10.0.0.1 admin login page. I'm on a Rogers Ignite Wi-Fi router

Somebody may prove me wrong, but I think you have to do a factory reset as discussed in post number 12 of THIS THREAD

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
I think you are correct, but they can try their wifi password, it could be that.

cfillion1
I plan to stick around

Change Ignite Gateway modem password:

I've been waiting on chat for a while now so I thought I'd ask here in the meantime. I tried to log in to my modem at the 10.0.0.1 address, with credentials saved in my browser. It tells me my password is wrong - I don't think it is - and it has locked me out for 5 minutes a couple times now. I can't find any way to change/update it. I was able to download the app and do what I was trying to log in for, but I would still like to be able to access via browser. Any help on how to change/update the password?

Just for clarity, I don't mean my wifi password, but the Admin access on the modem.

cfillion1
I plan to stick around

I see earlier in this thread that resetting the modem to factory is necessary. Is that really the only way? I don't own an ethernet cable to connect directly to the modem.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
If you do not know the password, yes, factory reset.

cfillion1
I plan to stick around

That is so dumb. My bank allows me to reset my password but not my router. Oh Rogers, never change.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
No, not dumb at all. If there was a back door way to do that it is a security risk. You cannot change it without knowing the current password on any modem or router that I am aware of. If you can, I never want to use it.
Topic Stats