cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two types of audio loss on two boxes

chank
I plan to stick around

We moved to IgniteTV in January and things have been good until recently and we started to experience some audio losses on both our IgniteTV boxes.

On one of the boxes, when watching recorded content, we sometimes lose audio altogether. The fix for this is to come right out of the recording and then go back in again. Sometimes its not perfect, and occasionally we have to do that a couple of times. We have experienced out of sync audio one time as well, but that too was resolved using the same "trick".

On the other box we would start using it in the evening and every day from when we start watching, we experience a half a second audio drop out every minute or so. This happens regardless of the content, recordings, live TV etc. The only solution we have found for this is to reboot the IgniteTV box. Originally we had this box set to shutdown when the TV was turned off, so I changed that to keep the box alive, but that made no difference.

Both boxes are connected to the modem via ethernet. We have the Technicolor XB7 (CGM4331COM) modem.

Whilst we have workarounds for both of these problems they are both very tiresome to have to deal with, daily in one particular case.

***Edited Lables***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Two types of audio loss on two boxes

RogersRahul

Greetings @chank,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us! We'd be more than happy to help you. It’ll be super helpful if you can answer a couple of quick questions.

- Are you connected via HDMI cable directly from STB to TV?
- Are you using any AV equipment (Sound bar or AVR)?
- What is the outgoing video format on the STB?
- Have you tried a factory reset on the modem?

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersRahul

chank
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the reply. Here are the answers:

- Are you connected via HDMI cable directly from STB to TV? In both cases, yes.
- Are you using any AV equipment (Sound bar or AVR)? In both cases, no.
- What is the outgoing video format on the STB? In both cases the default. Haven't touched any settings like that AFAICR. The box that loses all audio on recording playback is connected to a 1080p Samung TV, and the one that has the half second drop out is connected to a 4K Samsung TV. It would have happened in 1080 as most broadcasts are at that resolution, but I do watch hockey in 4K when it is available and I am sure it has happened then too.
- Have you tried a factory reset on the modem? No. Sounds a bit severe to try for these issues. Even doing a reboot is hard to do because it takes so long. I don't use the default out of the box values so a factory reset is quite a big deal. I am changing things like the default gateway IP address, port forwarding and downtimes. Also as mentioned, both were working fine for a couple of months before this started. Surely a factory reset shouldn't be required to resolve the issues. 

Hello @chank,

Thanks for sharing the above information with us. We'd like to run diagnostics on the service and take following steps to address the issue.

Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersRahul

useful information

chank
I plan to stick around

As usual with these kinds of problems, both boxes were behaving themselves last night! Will check tonight.

chank
I plan to stick around

Out of interest, what is involved in the diagnostic tests? Will it involve restarting them and such? IOW if someone was watching something and you ran the tests would they be interrupted? I expect so, but just want to be sure.

Also is there anything required of me during the testing, e.g. physical power cycling?

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation