cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two questions: (1) how do I set up 5G? (2) what does flashing white light on the wifi pods mean?

kylewasko15
I've been around

(1) my old Rogers modem had 2.4 and 5G, but I don’t seem to be offered a 5G connection now that I’ve switched to Ignite. Is there a way for me to set this up that I’m not seeing?

(2) wifi pods have been flashing all morning. So far as I know, they don’t typically do that. Do I need to reset them through the ignite app?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Two questions: (1) how do I set up 5G? (2) what does flashing white light on the wifi pods mean?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

2) I would reset the pods by unplugging them.  Then pluging back in.

1) You do have 5g available.   The way these are set up, is that both of them are set to the same SSID.
The device will normally connect to the highest capable, so should connect to the 5g if it can.

I believe the modems now have band steering on, so that should also help with it making sure its connecting the device to the best possible where possible.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Two questions: (1) how do I set up 5G? (2) what does flashing white light on the wifi pods mean?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

2) I would reset the pods by unplugging them.  Then pluging back in.

1) You do have 5g available.   The way these are set up, is that both of them are set to the same SSID.
The device will normally connect to the highest capable, so should connect to the 5g if it can.

I believe the modems now have band steering on, so that should also help with it making sure its connecting the device to the best possible where possible.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
yes if you have Band Steering enabled, some modems have it by Default to ON, then you have 5Ghz already enabled, and it will select it automatically when necessary. by the way its called 5Ghz not 5G, not to be confused with 5G Fifth Generation Cellular Network.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation