Trouble with the ignite TV box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Trouble with the ignite TV box

My mom is having alot of problem with the ignite box tv and so do i the screen come all black and we cant go no where cant change tv its happen alot lately

***Edited Labels***

Re: Trouble with the ignite TV box

Good evening @Strawberrys,

Welcome to the Community!

I can imagine how inconvenient box issues must be, especially for your mom. Is the Internet service working fine? How long have you had these issues for and how often does the issue occur? Does rebooting the box fix the problem?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further.

RogersZia

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Strawberrys  If restarting the set-top box doesn't fix the problem, you might need to go one step farther and reset all of the Ignite TV components.

First, power-cycle the Ignite modem.  Unplug the power cord, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in again.  Wait for the status LED to turn solid white.  (This will reset the modem and network.)  Next, power cycle each Ignite set-top box.  (This will reset the set-top boxes and their network connection to the modem.)

It's important that the modem gets reset first, followed by the set-top boxes.

I'm Here A Lot

Me and my mom the internet works fine we reboot the box but is still do it pretty much all the time the tv screen gets all black and we cant change the channel and its freeze and we cant do anything and its pretty frustering
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Strawberrys wrote:
Me and my mom the internet works fine we reboot the box but is still do it pretty much all the time the tv screen gets all black and we cant change the channel and its freeze and we cant do anything and its pretty frustering

I presume that you have rebooted your modem as well as your set-top box but are still experiencing the same problems.

Regarding your channels freezing, this is not normal. On your set-top box, if you click the Rogers Menu button, then go to "Settings > Device Settings > Network" does it say that your WiFi signal strength is either good or excellent?

Do you have any other wireless devices very close to your modem or set-top box that could be causing interference?  Sound bars, especially those with wirelessly-connected speakers?  Cordless phones?  Bluetooth transmitters?  Baby monitors?  What other things do you have plugged into the same power bar as your set-top box?

It's also possible that interference could coming from your neighbours.  It's also possible that you could have a problem with your set-top box.  It's hard to offer more useful advice without more information about your installation.

If restarting all of your Ignite components (your modem, followed by your set-top boxes) hasn't fixed the problem, your set-top box's Wi-Fi connection is good, and you don't have any other sources of interference in your home, then you should contact Rogers for further assistance.  You can either call your Concierge, Tech Support, or send a private message to @CommunityHelps  for further assistance.

Best of luck in getting this issue resolved soon!