cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ToonAVision added as an app only

james039
I plan to stick around

Rogers quietly seems to have added ToonAVision, but the channel is not on the guide, cannot be recorded, paused, rewind, etc. It is found in the Apps section under Entertainment.

I really disapprove of channels being replaced with apps. This should be added to the regular guide, probably in the low 200s with the other kids channels.

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: ToonAVision added as an app only

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ToonAVision was never available on Ignite TV as a conventional channel.  Somebody requested that it be added a few months ago and it was made available as an app, presumably so that it could also be viewed by Ignite Streaming customers.

james039
I plan to stick around

The app is great, but they should add it to the channel lineup / guide as well, as a licensed channel there is no reason for them not to.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Other than cost.

Like many of the other apps added lately, they are generally 'free to watch' streaming services.. which mean that in general there is no licensing fees, etc around the content.. the end user is allowed to watch pretty much not strings attached.

Now in the case of TV.. generally there is licensing fee's around that, to be able to provide it on TV.  Rogers might have to pay a fee to get a channel added.. vs probably pretty much free to add the app.

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

The issue with those type of (cable box) apps, is that those of us that usually use web version of IgniteTV (desktop/laptop) or tablet/phone version of IgniteTV, don't have access to the cable box app unless we actually turn on the TV and use the cable box.
One way to fix that would be to have (in this case) ToonAVision to have a provider login system with the video catalog on there website.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation