Thanks for verifying my question. From now on when I post re this problem (opportunity for us) I will use the board as my procedure starting now March 15th 2020.
1) Went out for breakfast with my wife at 9 am (=/- 15 minutes)...I turned off the TV myself.
!.5 later came home and the TV was on.
Status of TV.
a) Rogers box plugged = HDMI cable
b)Sound bar unplugged with digital optical cable plugged in
c)Nvidia shield box plugged in (Ethernet from gateway and HdmI to TV
d) Gateway has rogers cable , Ethernet and phone plugged into back
All plugged in to surge protected power bar.
Almost feels like a full time job. Haven't worked full time for 16 years and I hate it
I quickly read through your posts in this thread, but did you do as suggested in post 5 of this thread (and in one of my posts) and turn off HDMI-CEC?
A few TVs leave their HDMI receivers powered ON while the TV is turned off in the standby state. If you have turned off your TV and return later to find it has turned itself back on, here are some options to keep the TV in standby after powering it off:
To disable CEC on VIZIO Smart TVs: press menu button on VIZIO remote, press OK on settings or system, press OK on CEC settings, Disable CEC function.
- Power off the HDMI source that is connected to the selected HDMI input on the transmitter such that it is no longer outputting video and/or audio
- Or select an unused input on the transmitter or an input that is connected to an inactive source (that is powered off and not outputting video or audio)
- Or disable the CEC function on the TV.
Yes I did disable the CEC??? I went back and found it starting at #4 of now 23 posts
TV came on between 12 and 3:15 am. I turned it off. We went out from 8 till 10:00 am and TV was on when we came in. I have removed the sound bar totally from the equation and will feed back if/when the TV is fixed. NVIDIA Shield will be next
TV on at 12:15. Turned off TV, unplugged Ethernet connection from NVIDIA Shield. TV just updated at 4 am. So far not on. I know this because I'm downstairs watching the TV down here. (All nightr' and now I'm tired as . )
Question...Why and how does the TV after awhile go into I'll call it a screen safer mode, and also I've noticed when changing channels I sometimes have to wait 5 plus seconds for the picture and sound to come on?
This system is starting to drive me nuts. Been dealing with Panasonic for the cordless phones always receiving a busy signal. Their support is great and we're replacing the units with new. Get them tomorrow so will let all know the outcome. I'm at the point where I"m considering calling Rogers and have the replace to whole . system
See post 23 please
Just went through my menu on the TV to try and figure out and document a few things (I'm embarrassed now).
Looks like I re enabled the CES. The only positive I see here is to say thanks for asking the other day for asking.
CES now enabled
1. "unplugged Ethernet connection from NVIDIA Shield" - did you mean HDMI connection, and if not why the Ethernet connection?
2. "TV just updated at 4 am" - what update is this and how did you know there was an update if the TV was off?
3. "I'm downstairs watching the TV down here" - is this on a different TV?
4. "Why and how does the TV after awhile go into I'll call it a screen safer mode" - the Rogers TV box will display the screen if the live or recorded program is paused after a set time. Some TV's will go into screen saver mode if the TV app is paused for some period of time.
5. "when changing channels I sometimes have to wait 5 plus seconds for the picture and sound to come on?" - whenever the responsiveness of my Rogers TV box slows down I do a reboot. This could be once a month.
6. "Panasonic for the cordless phones always receiving a busy signal" - you already identified this phone as incompatible and have a plan to address. Report the results.
Hang in there.
Loved your post Bplayer. Had a bad night the other night. No Sleep. Used to be able to do that but no more
1)Ethernet was done on purpose. Thought it would cancel out NVIDIA shield and the Gateway box. It didn't so now the HDMI cable out and Ethernet back in.
2/3) Main TV was off I was downstairs watching my own TV (Sony). We have 3 TV's 1 upstairs bedroom (Her shows)
1 in family room Main floor and mine in basement. The Family room is the Vizzio that the gateway modem is beside.
The gateway has the new cordless phone installed and now working as of this morning and the Nvidia Shield box i front of the gateway now without the HDMI cable plugged in. I've removed the sound bar completely
As for the Panasonic it always worked and then just went busy al the time. Turned out the base unit crapped out for some reason. Panasonic by the way has fantastic customer support.
Thanks to all for your support. If TV comes on tonight I believe the next step will be to Call and get Rogers to send out Tech Spec along with replacing gateway and remotes???? Thoughts
Tryin' to Smile