cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV input only brings up picture mode and not input labels

Jypeddle
I've been around

I have an RCA TV and today we were set up with Rogers ignite. I didn't have any issues with pairing the tv with ignite aside from having to to the 991 thing until it turned off. My issue is now when I press TV input, it brings up the screen mode for my TV (standard, dynamic, ect) so I had to dig out my TV remote so change it. I was hoping to not have to use my other remotes. Can anyone help?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: TV input only brings up picture mode and not input labels

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Go to the URC website:

https://www.urcsupport.com/rogers/

Select your remote, go to setup - code finder.  Try putting in the make/model of your TV.  See if the appropriate code comes up and works properly.  If not, put in the make of the TV, then no model and see if any of those codes work properly.

If not, try 991 again, but don't stop on the first code, try the second code that "works".   Some codes can be better than others, but not all TVs can have things like "input changes" work with these remotes. They're simply not programmed that well.  On some TVs the input button will (appear to) change the input, but won't select it or click OK, but the input may change after waiting on the input for a few seconds.  It's unpredictable.

You may wish to consider a programmable remote like a Harmony 665, but that doesn't do voice...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: TV input only brings up picture mode and not input labels

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Go to the URC website:

https://www.urcsupport.com/rogers/

Select your remote, go to setup - code finder.  Try putting in the make/model of your TV.  See if the appropriate code comes up and works properly.  If not, put in the make of the TV, then no model and see if any of those codes work properly.

If not, try 991 again, but don't stop on the first code, try the second code that "works".   Some codes can be better than others, but not all TVs can have things like "input changes" work with these remotes. They're simply not programmed that well.  On some TVs the input button will (appear to) change the input, but won't select it or click OK, but the input may change after waiting on the input for a few seconds.  It's unpredictable.

You may wish to consider a programmable remote like a Harmony 665, but that doesn't do voice...

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation