cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSN4 Choppy and Laggy

ctafts
I plan to stick around

Has anyone else has issues with watching leaf games on TSN4? At some point during the game it starts getting choppy, freezes, sometimes looses audio and is super frustrating. I’ll note that the commercials are totally fine and the issue is only with the live game.

***Edited Labels***

50 REPLIES 50

Re: TSN4 Choppy and Laggy

User2162
I plan to stick around
Why would any additional weight be needed? Lol. There is a problem. The RE confirming should be irrelevant. We aren’t lying. And even if 1 person had the issue, it should be addressed. Do whatever you want if you think it will help but there’s a lot of angry people and Rogers is simply pushing people away.

User2162
I plan to stick around
Do you work for Rogers?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User2162 wrote:
Do you work for Rogers?

As stated in the signature of all my posts REs are not Rogers employees. We are customers like yourself who try to assist other customers on this forum.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Welcome-to-the-Rogers-Community/Resident-Experts-Super-Users-o...

fdssdf
I've been around
Did anyone else experience the same issues watching the Grey Cup game last night? It was just as laggy as the leafs games

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As stated earlier in this thread, I set recordings for this Grey Cup game on TSN4 (30) and TSN4K (515). Both recordings were flawless for the 15 minutes or so that I watched just now.   This is not to say that some people are not affected, just that it's not affecting everyone and is therefore unlikely to be a TSN issue.

If you're connected via WiFi, it could be a WiFi issue. You can check your WiFi signal in the Settings for the box to see if it's good or excellent.  It may also have to do with bandwidth in your neighbourhood...

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around
No issues for me

ctafts
I plan to stick around

There is definitely a technical issue of some sort, I would agree that if it was a broadcasting issue it should be affecting everyone. The problem has been sporadic for me and I'm hardwired with ethernet with gigabit. So if the broadcast isn't the issue then it's either Rogers sending the signal or the TV box hardware. Either way, there is an issue that is affecting many people which suggests it's not a user error.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So, were there any issues with last night's game?  I recorded it and watched a few minutes without issue.

I could let it play longer if necessary...

No issues, finally. I also got a text from Rogers beforehand saying it had been resolved. Looks good now.

Thanks!
Topic Stats