cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSN4 Choppy and Laggy

ctafts
I plan to stick around

Has anyone else has issues with watching leaf games on TSN4? At some point during the game it starts getting choppy, freezes, sometimes looses audio and is super frustrating. I’ll note that the commercials are totally fine and the issue is only with the live game.

***Edited Labels***

50 REPLIES 50

Re: TSN4 Choppy and Laggy

psedgeworth
I've been around

Yes we have been going crazy every time we try to watch the Leaf games on TSN. It is almost un-watchable.  I am trying to find a solution but on this website it is hard to know even where to start.  If I find anything I will come back on and post.  Wish me luck

ctafts
I plan to stick around

@psedgeworth I tried to call in but couldn't get through. What seemed to resolve it was unplugging/plugging back in the ignite modem and then unplugging the ignite tv box. Since the next 2 games are on TSN we will see if it continues. It's pathetic that issues like this exist but I remember the same issues when I had Bell Fibe TV so it's probably a TSN/Bell issue which isn't surprising as they clearly don't know how to run a company. 

stephenpavey
I'm here a lot
Yes. It’s been every Leafs game this season. Freezes, audio and video every 10 seconds. Only this channel. Not sure if it’s a tan issue or Rogers ignite.

LizA123
I've been here awhile
Yes!!! Drives us nuts. Raptors and Leafs games are awful. Only TSN4 game feeds. We notice the intermission and after game analyst studio feed is fine. The games however are brutal. Lagging, sound cuts out, pixelated.

User2162
I plan to stick around
It’s an absolute joke. I called TSN. They claim there isn’t an issue. I called Rogers. They claimed there’s no issue. They sent a guy anyways. He tested everything and everything is working ok apparently. He upgraded my modem anyways. The game last night was just as glitchy. Every single leaf game this year on TSN4 has had this same issue. Over a month and it hasn’t been addressed yet. In fact it’s being denied all together. I’m glad I’ve found other people with the same issue so I know I’m not the only one. Is every on this thread from Richmond hill? Maybe it’s an area problem. I had TSN4 on all day yesterday and it was fine. As soon as the game starts the problem gradually gets worse. By the end of the game even the commercials are glitching. Maybe it’s those stupid board graphic ads that are messing things up. Who knows but this issue better be addressed. This is unacceptable.

LizA123
I've been here awhile
Well we are in Durham region so it can't be a region issue. Brutal live game feed from TSN4. Glitches, lags, pixelates, audio and video cut out. Very frustrating. My husband first pointed it out. Started with the new hockey season. Raptors games also horrible.

Someone from Rogers called me this week and is investigating it. I also got a generic reply email from TSN. Who knows is anything will come from it? I’m in Richmond Hill, btw.

RogersYasmine

Greetings Community!

It seems that multiple people have been experiencing a similar issue relating to the programming on the TSN4 channel. If you have not yet reported this issue to our Tech Support Team, would you please send us a PM so we may lodge a ticket and have it investigated further? If it is a broadcasting issue, we'd like to flag it and try to help get it resolved ASAP. 🙂

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you!

RogersYasmine

Happening again tonight. The pregame was fine, then as soon as the Leafs game starts, it’s freezing. Someone called me from Rogers a week ago, so I assume a ticket has been created.

ctafts
I plan to stick around

@RogersYasmine I haven't called in yet and am not sure if the issue is with Rogers or the TSN broadcast but this issue only happens when watching leaf games on TSN4. I can change the channel and watch something else or when the games are on Sportsnet there are no issues. I'm watching the game right now (Nov 15 7:15 pm) on channel 519 TSN4 and the audio has been cutting out, the picture being pixelated and sometimes completely freezes. I don't even know why I'm paying for a service that works when it wants to, TSN should be free with this level of quality. I'm using the XI6 TV box which is hardwired with ethernet, I find the only way to resolve the issue is to unplug the TV box and something both the TV box and the Internet modem. Please I beg you to have someone look into this, this has been going on for years. 

RGDOB
I've been around

I’ve had a problem during last four leaf games.  Picture goes black or freezes. Sound goes off & on.

I thought maybe ROGERS didn’t want us to watch Leaf games.

VERY ANNOYING.

LizA123
I've been here awhile

Hi @RogersYasmine. WHERE is the private messaging option found? This situation with the TSN4 feed during Leafs games is bad. This is a premium channel and paying extra for an unwatchable feed is frustrating to say the least. I followed your link but after spending 2 hours looking all over the MyRogers app and website, I'm not able to lodge an official complaint. Hoping as a moderator you can offer more help with this please

ctafts
I plan to stick around

@RogersYasmine So I ended up having to unplug my Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem XB7 (Gen 2) and my XI6 TV box and wait around 5min for the internet to come back up and then wait for the TV box to boot up and the Channel seems to be better now but I missed both Toronto goals. I'm calling in for a refund, I'm tired of paying a premium for garbage service. Maybe it's time to switch to Bell?

@LizA123 there are a couple of ways to send a message to a forum participant.  In either case, you have to be logged into the forum first.  

1.  Where you have a post from another user, that post will show the user's forum ID in the upper left hand corner of the post.  When you hover your mouse over that user's name or avatar, you will see a pop up which allows you to send that user a private message.  Simply follow that link to the message composition page.  The message address will fill in, on its own.  Simply enter the subject and details in the message section and hit Send.  

2.  Where you see a forum name within a post, such as @RogersYasmine or @CommunityHelps, follow that link to their public page.  On the right hand side you will see a link to send that user a message.  Follow that link to the message composition page.  The address will fill in, just give it time.  Fill in the subject and message details and hit Send.  

When you're logged into the forum, and you have a message waiting in your message inbox, you will see a number overlaying the mail symbol, which is at the upper right hand corner of the page.  Follow that mail "link" down to your message inbox. 

The moderators can be reached thru a collective message address, which is @CommunityHelps

To expand the post composition window, you will see right hand triangle symbol in the lower right hand corner of the composition window.  Left click on that triangle, hold the left mouse button down, and drag the window boundary down to expand the composition window.  That is useful when you want to compose a longer post.

Hope this helps 🙂

User2162
I plan to stick around
It’s been every single game this season. TSN denied there’s an issue. Rogers has denied there’s an issue. I even had my modem upgraded. Still isn’t working! Tonight’s game is unwatchable. It’s been over a month and it hasn’t been addressed. What an embarrassment.

User2162
I plan to stick around
It gets worse and worse the longer the game is on. I’m convinced it’s the board graphics. What a joke.

JTK
I've been around
Same issue here....not a region thing as I am in Markham. Hard to watch leaf game on TSN4 Commercials are fine. How muchbis this costing me again?

User2162
I plan to stick around
I’m switching to bell also. What a joke. And don’t worry the longer the games on the worse it will get. I upgraded my modem. It’s just as bad.

User2162
I plan to stick around
I called TSN directly. Waited on hold for a while just to be told nothing is wrong.

Here’s a 30 second sample from tonight of how bad it is. How can I get it to the right people? We shouldn’t be paying for this.
https://youtu.be/oZXUagVd878
Topic Stats