Syncing sound between Ignite boxes showing the same channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Syncing sound between Ignite boxes showing the same channel

We have two TVs with Ignite in adjacent rooms. When both TVs are displaying the same show on the same channel, let's say CTV, the sound/video is off by about two seconds. The difference is enough to be distracting. Is there a way to sync the Ignite boxes so the sound and video is aligned?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted

Re: Syncing sound between Ignite boxes showing the same channel

Hey @Alph,

Do you often have both the boxes turned on simultaneously on the same channel? I'm not sure there is a way to ensure both boxes are aligned to the T unless the audio for both is somehow connected.

@57 would you have something to share about this?

RogersZia

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Syncing sound between Ignite boxes showing the same channel

@Alph : I'm surprised there is that much difference between identical boxes. This used to be an issue when people had one TV on an analogue signal and another TV on digital, because digital takes some time to process in the box.

Make sure that one of the boxes is not on "pause live TV" because that will cause a delay in that box. Both need to be either "live" or "Pause live TV" to be in synch.

If that doesn't work, what you could do is pause live TV on both boxes and then put them in synch yourself by pausing one of the TVs until you get them in synch...  I don't recall ever encountering this issue since the old analogue days.