cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sunday, Still Experiencing Issues

Royster62
I plan to stick around

Sunday, is Rogers ever going to be up & running again?
Nice note from their CEO some form of general apology & they will credit us for Friday. What about Saturday & now Sunday??
Picture freezes up every 30 seconds, no access to saved programs what a joke.
I'm searching the attic for my DVD player & my DVD collection . If this Rogers mess keeps up may open a movie rental business, thinking of a name, is Blockbuster taken?
Roy
Richmondhill Ontario

***Added Labels***

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Sunday, Still Experiencing Issues

tonisback
I'm here a lot

All my services are a mess since 5AM Friday morning. Everything keeps dropping off. This is getting ridiculous now. No phone TV or internet since Friday.

P-off
I've been around

It's 1:30pm Sunday and Rogers internet is STILL down in Stouffville (as well as a lot of other places). 3rd day with no internet, no wifi, no home phone and no Ignite tv. Rogers CEO says they have restored service to "vast majority" of customers.

Outage again 30 minutes ago....lostALL services internet, ignite TV, home phone!!

I should say I'm located in Leaside (East York)

DOGGUY60
I'm here a lot

Would agree to additional credit for SAT/SUN; and to add to those what about credit for the 2 prior outages within the last month (we had 1 that was the whole day!)

passmorefan
I've been around

I can’t watch tv at all. It stops every 30 seconds and changes channels on me. This outage is becoming a real joke. And the CEO says only one day. Forget it. I want all 3 days and until it is fixed. They can keep crediting me.
Signed One Customer

Day 4, I’m in Essa township. Thornton, anyone else still down?

Tv works, spotty tho. No internet at all

SpeedyC
I'm a reliable contributor

I live in Mississauga.

Ignite TV seemed stable Monday morning between 4am-5am.

Then I left for work.

I returned home around 4:30pm, and service was still OK for a while.

But after 6pm and into the night, the constant visual and audio freezes and skips returned.

Appears the system is still strained by all the viewers returning home from work.

SpeedyC
I'm a reliable contributor

It's Tuesday evening in Mississauga.
For a second day and night, the TV service is OK in the morning but choppy again in the evening when more people are watching.
Anyone else still experiencing this?

Royster62
I plan to stick around
I feel your pain, yesterday, Monday was black screen/ picture freeze off & on all day & much worse on Monday night. So, that's 4 days of me watching old DVD-S!!
I read somewhere the ceo was doing a 1 day free on Rogers , how . cheap can they be. Dies the man have any idea what a disturbance they've caused. I'll be his internet/ tv never missed a beat. I'm so disappointed in Rogers if this one day thing is true.
My son is with a company that , through all this never missed a beat.
Oh, I spoke to soon its Tuesdsy at 8:30pm & Vlady just froze at the plate with 3 balls & 2 strikes!! Either Vlady has freaked out or Rogers cable of freezing is at it again!
Roy

catra107
I'm here a lot
Same here in Mississauga, 5 days after the outage, and TV audio still cuts out, video freezes and screen goes to black. You would think content recorded before the outage would play back okay, but it does not; same problems as on live TV. Very frustrating to watch!
5 days compensation? I'd be much happier with one month's compensation. Come on, Rogers, dip into those billions $$$ to properly compensate Canadians!

Mzee
I've been around

The Rogers family phone plan is useless , Niagara region we are still completely down.  The only way that can contact each others on this plan is by phoning her daughters TELUS phone or using WhatsAPP.  Needed drugs are not delivered because of no phone confirmation as is the problem with 2 step banking verification. Her daughter is autistic has seizures and a Type 1 diabetic who we can not check or communicate with if we need to go out.  The customer reps feel for us but this is useless unless service is restore or we know how much longer we need endure this serious situation.  Service restore who are they kidding,  5 days reimbursement really,  We have been down now for 6 days and GOD knows how much longer.   Was a happy client till now!

Royster62
I plan to stick around
How about this one- to add insult to injury I just got a email from Roger
" your late paying your bill for phone, pay immediately or face a 45 dollar re- hook up when we cut you off.
I've been " cut off" for 4 days!!! So now phone , internet works, (most of the time) & I don't get a " were sorry for 5 days of nothing, but now we're back we want to cut you off!!!
Kinda the last straw for me
Rot

Inkscrblr
I've been around
I’m also still having huge issues with my Internet. It’s been two full weeks. Actually it’s been over two full weeks my Internet still nervous store have reached out multiple times on social media and to support and I’ve got nothing fixed

Hello @Inkscrblr!

It appears this is your first post and it doesn't look like you've reached out to us yet here!

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on! Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Did anyone else have their Tv circuit board blow when the outage happened?

Royster62
I plan to stick around
August 4th & picture lagging soon as I change channels, btw- changing channels yakes about 10-15 seconds to stick, soon as channel does come up picture lags, stutters for 20 seconds or so. Is this the new improved Ignite?
Or as Rogers calls it- my viewing expierence!

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Royster62  Channel changes on Ignite TV normally take about two seconds.  When they take longer than that, it's not a problem with the set-top box but due to a network problem somewhere.

After the massive outage, Ignite TV continued to suffer from problems, some of which were (most likely) due to ongoing issues with Rogers core network; others were server-related in the back-end.  As far as I can tell, these have all been resolved and Ignite TV should be working normally again for everybody.

Slow channel changes (or any non-WiFi-related error) can usually be resolved by rebooting or power-cycling your Ignite gateway.  Ignite TV requires both IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity, and if your network connectivity is broken or partially-broken, then Ignite TV will not work properly.

If you see Audio and Video drop-outs, this is usually caused by in-home Wi-Fi or network issues.  Even if your set-top box is only a few feet away from your gateway, its connectivity can be severely impeded by other factors that are causing your Wi-Fi network to perform poorly.  If the set-top box does not have enough network bandwidth to sustain an Ignite TV stream, the box will run out of data to process and you will get audio and video drop-outs.  You can also get A/V drop-outs due to severe packet loss.

If rebooting your Ignite gateway does not fix the slow channel changes, you should contact Rogers tech support (either by telephone or by sending a private message to @CommunityHelps ) and have them investigate further.

In my case, with the outage, I was down for 55 hours; much longer than others.  When I logged into my Ignite gateway and checked "Gateway > Connection > Rogers Network", pretty much every section of that screen showed problems... starting with my modem not being able to connect and register, then not having working IP connectivity.  It took calls/PMs, a tech visit and escalations to get things finally working again.

Royster62
I plan to stick around
Good info have rebooted everything but the fridge & stove silly me , stove is gas!
I will have to contact them I guess.
Tech that installed ignite was in a big hurry, went out of his way to point out how little I know about tech.stuff. Left me to hook up upstairs box.
I sent a bit kf an angry email to Rogers, no reply tho. Been home for 15 min , watching jays/ rays & so far only stutters when I switch channels, big improvement!
R

Royster62
I plan to stick around
Well just tomes blue jays to New York game blank screen with 3 little balls alternating in a row, for 47 seconds . Back to jays game , 36 seconds & counting, hope channel shows up soon was bottom of 8th inning when I switched to New York game, hmmm, hmm de da, there we go, only 37 seconds!!! IGNITE is killing it!

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Royster62  What WiFi signal strength do you see in Settings / Device Settings / Network on your Ignite set-top box?  It should be either "good" or "excellent".

Also, if you have Ignite Pods installed, and your Ignite STB is connected to a Pod, do you have the Pod placed in a location where it still has a good connection (with an RSSI of around -67 dBm?) to the Ignite gateway?

Topic Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 13 in conversation