cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming series suddenly goes away?

esmerel
I've been here awhile

Hi, We're new to Ignite and having a lot of problems with it and maybe we just don't understand how Streaming is supposed to work. We found the first season of "Love It or List It Vancouver" and were pleased because we've enjoyed later seasons of that show. We started to watch it, one episode a week. After four episodes, it all disappeared. It would have been very frustrating if we were trying to watch "Game of Thrones" or something!

Do shows often just go away? Is there a way of telling how long they will be around? Is there a date somewhere we can check?

Should we always try to record the whole series and then watch it from the PVR?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Streaming series suddenly goes away?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For an example of a program that will only be viewable a few days, see "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" -- Watch Options for S8 Ep3 shows that this episode will only be available on-demand from Global until September 13.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@esmerel  Yes, this is normal.  Programs are not available On-Demand indefinitely... and how long they are available depends on the content rights that either Rogers or the originating network has negotiated.  To see how long a program will be available for viewing, select "Watch Options".

Availability also depends on who is offering the content.  For example, a program may be available on CTV Sci-Fi for a few weeks but could be available on Crave indefinitely.  Likewise, a program on W Network may only have a limited number of episodes available On-Demand but an entire season (or several seasons) may be available if you subscribe to Stack TV.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree with @-G- that programming rights do expire, but usually they last quite a long time. I see that this series is pretty old. Just as an FYI I said "Love it or list it, Vancouver" into the voice command and found half of season 2 and all of seasons 3, 4, 5 available.

On some programming, on Crave for example, it may state how long the rights last in the "information".

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For an example of a program that will only be viewable a few days, see "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" -- Watch Options for S8 Ep3 shows that this episode will only be available on-demand from Global until September 13.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation