cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming Apps aren't working

Sue500000
I've been here awhile

I have contacted Rogers twice and they can't seem to be able to fix my issue.  I have Amazon Prime which worked just fine when I had cable.  I now have Ignite and Prime doesn't work.  In fact none of the Apps work.  When I click on any of the Apps it says that I need Rogers high speed internet.  I have two boxes and the Apps won't work on either.  I and Rogers have unplugged/restarted many times since I've had to many issues.  This whole experience has been so annoying, frustrating and regretful that I changed over.

*Added Labels*

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Streaming Apps aren't working

RogersMoin

Hello, @Sue500000.

Thank you for posting your concern, and welcome to our Community!

Streaming third-party apps like Amazon Prime through Ignite Entertainment Boxes can be convenient. However, it seems like you opted for the Ignite Standalone TV service during the migration from Cable TV. 

Ignite Standalone TV is a TV-only service. It offers easy and integrated voice search with the award-winning Ignite Voice Remote, swappable Flex Channels and more with the ultimate entertainment experience.

As you were getting prompted, an Ignite TV bundle with Ignite Internet is required to access streaming apps through Ignite TV.

We can add Ignite Internet to your package. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

danno100
I plan to stick around

Use something like google tv and run the aps there. The picture quality is much better than using those aps through the Rogers ignite box.

Sue500000
I've been here awhile

I already pay for internet with a different provider so that won’t work.  No wonder the tech didn’t tell me, even though I asked, when he installed ignite.  

Sue500000
I've been here awhile

Thanks but how do I do this.  I searched online how to install it on my TV.  It said to install it on my phone first but didn’t give instructions on how to get it onto my TV.  I’m so not techie so all this is a challenge for me.

Tristapb
I've been here awhile
I have ignite tv and cable and can only stream Netflix. No other streaming app will open. So, that is not the issue.

RogersJo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Good Day @Tristapb! 😊

Thanks for bringing this to our much needed attention and I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into. Just to confirm, is your internet service with us as well? If not, if you have a Smart TV, you should still be able to access the apps directly through your TV if that's the case.

In the event that you only have Ignite TV, it would only provide you with access to all the live TV and Video On Demand channels included in your package. You’ll see apps such as Disney+ or Netflix on the Ignite Entertainment Box. However, to access these apps you’ll need to sign up for a Rogers Ignite TV and Internet bundle. 

Looking forward to hearing from you,

RogersJo 

Sue500000
I've been here awhile

Yes I have Rogers Ignite and a Smart TV.

Good morning @Sue500000,

You'll want to reach out to your TV manufacturer for assistance with installing apps directly on your Smart TV. We can only provide direct assistance with streaming apps through Ignite TV here, which requires that you have both Ignite TV and Ignite Internet.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation