cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportsnet 4K 507 recorded shows are stuttering

undertaker9081
I plan to stick around

I tried to record the Leafs game lastnight and I go to watch it and it was stuttering you could't watch it.. I tried again today same thing when watching something recorded, I tried on SN14K 509 and reorded shiws are fine.... So its channel specific.. When will this get fixed?

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Sportsnet 4K 507 recorded shows are stuttering

RogersRahul

Greetings @undertaker9081!

Not being able to watch your recordings can definitely be disappointing. We'd be happy to assist you with this.

Are other Set Top Boxes showing the same quality?  Have you tried rebooting your Set Top box? Are you able to watch the recordings via a web browser or app?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

RogersRahul

@RogersRahul wrote:

Greetings @undertaker9081!

Not being able to watch your recordings can definitely be disappointing. We'd be happy to assist you with this.

Are other Set Top Boxes showing the same quality?  Have you tried rebooting your Set Top box? Are you able to watch the recordings via a web browser or app?

Cheers,

RogersRahul

I have 2 set boxes and both are doing the exact same thing... Stutters bad when recording on channel 507...... it's definitly a channel issue going on

Hello @undertaker9081,

Thanks for sharing the above information with us. We need to open an investigation with our network team to look into this for you.

Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

RogersRahul

Tom_Wheels
I've been here awhile

I am having the same problem exactly as described and would like a resolution as well.    Please make your findings available in this thread so I know what steps to take.

undertaker9081
I plan to stick around

@Tom_Wheels wrote:

I am having the same problem exactly as described and would like a resolution as well.    Please make your findings available in this thread so I know what steps to take.

Looks like it might be fixed now

Appears to be resolved.

I am still having this problem as of Feb 21, 2023 at 2:30pm.  Channel shows up fine but when trying to watch it recorded the video is choppy (audio is fine).  Issue is not resolved for me.

Still broken for me, too.  I've been dealing with RogersHelps on Twitter as I find they're usually pretty responsive.  Their suggestion to unplug the modem and set-top box and plug them back in again didn't fix it ... no surprise there.  So they've opened a ticket (two different reps said they looked and don't see any reports of it ... and twice I've pointed them to this forum topic).  Given how specific this problem is it must be something weird happening in the cloud PVR part of their infrastructure.  Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

undertaker9081
I plan to stick around

@HiHoSilver wrote:

Still broken for me, too.  I've been dealing with RogersHelps on Twitter as I find they're usually pretty responsive.  Their suggestion to unplug the modem and set-top box and plug them back in again didn't fix it ... no surprise there.  So they've opened a ticket (two different reps said they looked and don't see any reports of it ... and twice I've pointed them to this forum topic).  Given how specific this problem is it must be something weird happening in the cloud PVR part of their infrastructure.  Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Record some on the pvr than open a ticket but they need a recording of the choppyness

Perfect - I will record one and reach out to Rogers myself for assistance as this has been going on for over a week now.

HiHoSilver
I plan to stick around

I've shared two videos with them showing the problem.

@shannonashley04 wrote:

Perfect - I will record one and reach out to Rogers myself for assistance as this has been going on for over a week now.

Has it been fixed have u tried lately?

undertaker9081
I plan to stick around

The problem came back for me again 😞

HiHoSilver
I plan to stick around

Rogers called me on Tuesday afternoon to say that they'd fixed it and had spoken to about a dozen customers who said it was working now.  And it's working for me, too.  This is after they had emailed me on Sunday to say they'd fixed it, only for me to find they'd done nothing at all (and it turns out that the rep who opened my initial ticket had reported it as happening on live TV even though I'd specifically said it only happened on recordings).

undertaker9081
I plan to stick around

@HiHoSilver wrote:

Rogers called me on Tuesday afternoon to say that they'd fixed it and had spoken to about a dozen customers who said it was working now.  And it's working for me, too.  This is after they had emailed me on Sunday to say they'd fixed it, only for me to find they'd done nothing at all (and it turns out that the rep who opened my initial ticket had reported it as happening on live TV even though I'd specifically said it only happened on recordings).

I confused so is it back to normal for you now?

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 in conversation