cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Drops and Some Pixelation on Channel 9 Yes TV

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

I have noticed that I have had frequent pixelation and sound drops on Channel 9 Yes TV for over a week now.  Other channels seem to be fine but this one has it often.

Is there a transmission problem going on?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

65 REPLIES 65

Re: Sound Drops and Some Pixelation on Channel 9 Yes TV

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just record a program on the channel, then watch it on different set-top boxes.  If glitches reproduce in precisely the same spots on all TVs, and even when watching on mobile apps, which use a different encoding pipeline and streaming infrastructure, that would confirm a source issue.  However, Rogers can only fix the glitch if the problem is with their equipment.  If a Fibe TV customer sees the same problems in the same spots, then there is almost certainly nothing that Rogers can do other than open a trouble ticket with Yes TV.

headhoncho
I plan to stick around

"Happens a lot on the US channels like CBS and Fox."

yes!  I actually had my tv box replaced thinking that was causing the issues, but when it persisted I realized it was only the American networks (that I pay extra for) that were pixelating and freezing etc.

What makes it even more annoying is that, like I said, I pay extra for those channels!

PerryP
I've been around
We are also seeing this on Yes TV, usually while watching Jeopardy.

The odd thing is we often watch cloud recordings of Jeopardy and when we see a breakup of the audio/video we back up the recording and it breaks up at exactly the same place indicating that the recording is getting corrupted. Very annoying for what we are paying for the service.

It must be happening in the Rogers backend.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
One way to perhaps speed things up is to contact the advertisers and let them know that their ads are often glitching, and they should probably contact YesTv and ask for a refund, and also switch to another broadcaster until YesTV fixes the problem (with Rogers or their transmitter).

At 4:16pm there was a quick glitch during the chip.ca commercial, and at 4:18pm there was another glitch during the Lindt.ca commercial.

If these advertisers actually do the complaining on our behalf, perhaps YesTv will give this issue the attention it deserves. I just saw another quick audio glitch at 4:33pm during Party of Five.

Plus, you can always use social media to inform YesTv that you now watch Jeopardy on the later timeshifted American channel to avoid the glitches.

Just say NO to YesTv, and join the revolution! 👊

jays77

Tonight CTV  was also having the yips.  During the CTV (Ottawa) 11 o'clock news the picture and sound were continually freezing.  

Fox 29 was almost no sound during big bang. Getting very frustrating I have Rogers looking in the pixelation and dropped sound for yes TV channel 29 channel 17 CTV yes TV seems to be really bad and it's always during the good shows LOL

mebe
My Fox 29 Buffalo channel has also been having glitches for at least a week. They are generally short audio drops, but I can always RW it and use the closed captions to see what was said.

I can watch Fox 29 Buffalo with my antenna, so at some point I'll do a comparison with the Rogers feed.

The YesTV glitches are worse than the Fox 29 glitches, but it's best to record the same content on other channels when available, for a more reliable, glitch-free experience.

kathylea
I'm here a lot

I actually was contacted today from yestv, rogers is also looking into the issue, so far today the yes tv hasn't been to bad, so tonight will be the test, nice to see someone reaching out and willing to help, last night we gave up on ch 29 yestv as it was brutal, apparently they have had a few complaints so lets hope this gets resolved. We ended up watching big bang on fox 29 and be darned if it was pixelating and dropping sound lol.

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

watching the leafs game on cbc there are times when the feed loops.  Same for yes tv. Anyone else experiencing this?

mebe
Looping is something that often occurs with IPTV, rather than with legacy digital tv, so I doubt that I would ever see any looping.

I don't see any problems with CBC Toronto, however, for the recent CBC hockey games, I just use my antenna and another TV.

If you have looping, perhaps you need to make a minor adjustment to your setup, or have your area checked for an intermittent problem, if it doesn't clear up on its own.

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

Thanks for the info.  In the last few months, the Ignite TV service has given me lots of issues.  I am not sure what Rogers did but the constant pixilation, sound drops and looping across several stations (CBC, Sportsnet, Yes TV) is really annoying.  

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

Much channel 30 also has the image flashing and looping watching Seinfeld 4:30 now

jays77

Has there been any updates to the problems of the pixilation and freezing of various channels? 

The past couple of nights and especially tonight CTV  (Ch 7 Ottawa) has been unwatchable.  The CTV News Channel works just fine,  This is on digital TV.

RogersYasmine

Hey Community!

I understand that this issue doesn't make for a great experience when trying to enjoy some of your favourite programs. I do want to inform you that it is definitely on our radar and currently being investigated by our teams. We will let you know as soon as we have any updates to share on the matter. We appreciate your ongoing patience! 

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

jays77

The past couple of days a new hiccup has been added to the still ongoing problems.  For the past couple of days when trying to access CTV the screen is black with no sound for about 30 second then picture appears but still with the freezing and pixilation.  CNN also has the black screen but when it finally kicks in the sound and picture are OK.

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

I started getting pixelation again on Yes TV tonight again watching  Blue Bloods this evening. Is the feed screwed up again?

PXL_20230728_003138953.jpgPXL_20230728_001458932.jpg

mebe
I've been trying to find glitching on Yes TV (since after 11pm), but I can't find any (still using digital legacy).

Hopefully you just witnessed a few random glitches, that won't be a consistent problem.

Yet another glitch hunt.

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

i'm still seeing glitches on yes tv at the time of this post (8:17 PM) having watched yes tv for the last 10 min, 3 times

mebe

I've been watching Yes TV (since about 1:03 am) for the last 36 minutes (even the commercials) and still haven't seen or heard a single glitch.

I can't find a glitch even when I randomly switch to Yes TV (ch. 9) for a minute or so.

I assume that Rogers gets the feed from over the air, and then sends us the channel from the same source. However, if there's a problem in your specific area, or Rogers is not properly processing the signal for Ignite TV viewers, that could be why I can't find a glitch this time around (unless I just keep getting lucky whenever I watch Yes TV.

I suppose you might get those same random glitches on other channels, but if it's only glitching on Yes TV, that is odd.

I wonder if Rogers Tech support could spot a signal problem on your end, once you call them while you kept it on Yes TV.

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

I still have pixelation issues with Yes TV watching Blue Bloods at 8 PM nowPXL_20230801_000339064.jpg

mebe
I recorded Monday's Blue Bloods Yes TV digital (ch.09), and there was no glitching in that scene that you posted above. I also didn't see any other glitches when I quickly checked other parts of that episode.

So now that I know I wasn't simply lucky because I was watching during clear moments, I assume that it's just an Ignite TV issue.

Ignite TV can randomly glitch on occasion, , and that doesn't necessarily mean that you have a bad setup, but if the glitches usually just happen with Yes TV, you might need to open a ticket to see if this issue can be fixed.

You can always post other Blue Bloods glitches (with the approximate time it glitched), in case another Ignite TV user recorded the episode (and can then check it).

You might need to record a more popular show on Yes TV, like Jeopardy, to see if other Ignite TV users see any Jeopardy glitches.
Topic Stats