cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Drops and Some Pixelation on Channel 9 Yes TV

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

I have noticed that I have had frequent pixelation and sound drops on Channel 9 Yes TV for over a week now.  Other channels seem to be fine but this one has it often.

Is there a transmission problem going on?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

65 REPLIES 65

Re: Sound Drops and Some Pixelation on Channel 9 Yes TV

Carebear7283
I've been here awhile
I sure hope they fix it soon and stop saying they can't pin point a problem. Not sure how to add photos but it is beyond frustrating especially with the sound going out too.

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor

Yes TV was unwatchable tonight when trying to watch Jeopardy on YES TV on Channel. 9 (in Ottawa).  I don't know about other channel because I switched to the Jays game on SportsNet One. 

For the amount we pay each month  is very frustrating that they can't or won't get the problem fixed.  Switching to Ignite not an answer or for that matter a fix.  At the very least they could acknowledge that there is a problem.

mebe
I can't see any YesTv glitches during my quick checks after 2am this morning. Maybe I've just been lucky so far, but I assume Ignite (at least in GTA area) would also be good, or at least much improved.

Even while writing this post, I still see no glitching with digital legacy. There should have been at least 5 glitches by now, but it does seem like Rogers or YesTV changed something.

If you have IgniteTV, try to find the glitches now. If you still see them, perhaps the full fix will arrive later this morning.

seguinmr
I've been around

For the last few weeks, here in Ottawa, recordings of channel 9 shows are getting annoying.  I see in discussions that it appears that it is a signal source issue.  Will this be fixed soon?

james039
I plan to stick around

Still experiencing video dropout and pixelated glitches as described above. Watching Ch. 9 in Ottawa (WDIV NBC Detroit), at 1:30pm ET on April 20th, 2023.

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

The pixelation seemed to have stopped for a few days on Yes TV and then happened again a few times watching bluebloods around 8:30 PM last night.  

Surprising why it takes this long to resolve the problem

mebe

I just flipped to YesTV during Jeopardy rerun, and I saw a 3-second freeze, without digital breakup. Just saw another brief freeze, followed by digital breakup at 3:15 pm (during Hot Bench), so that's about 18 minutes in between that round of glitches. Just saw another 3-second freeze at 3:19 pm, with just a touch of glitching as picture and sound was restored.

Not sure why brief freezing has been added to this mess, but YesTV is still undergoing a No-Win situation. Yes we can't! 👎

danno100
I plan to stick around

I reported this 2 weeks ago...its seems to have been getting better. The techs on the phone have no idea of what you are talking about when you mention this.

danno100
I plan to stick around

Happens a lot on the US channels like CBS and Fox.

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

I had this issue again today at 8:45 pm and 8:54 pm on yes tv.  Also had some hiccups around 7:40 watching Jeopardy

PXL_20230502_005046382.jpgPXL_20230502_005622744.jpg

mebe
Just noticed a 3-sec video/audio glitch on YesTv (ch. 09 digital legacy) at 1:16 am during "25 Words or Less."

The glitches can be harder to find at the moment, so I assume fewer complaints will be made.

It's now 1:29 am, but still only saw that one glitch at 1:16 am.

kathylea
I'm here a lot
Same, its may 3rd 2023 have reported issue only on this channel yes tv 3 times

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor
Looks like CBC is having the feed hiccup watching game 2 tonight. I see flashing and the same segment shows. Channel 32 works fine

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor
Correction channel 32 is doing the same thing

kathylea
I'm here a lot
Iam watching jeopardy on yestv ch 29 its pixelating, i called rogers today for the 4th time reporting this issue, bluebloods at 8 to 9pm has been horrible to watch aswell.

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

Watching Hawaii five o and getting pixelation now 

FredGarvin
I plan to stick around

Last night (May 5th) we had 5 to 10 minutes worth of freeze frames, pixelation and audio dropouts while watching YES TV (ch 9 in the Stouffville area) between 7 and 8 (Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy).  The last couple of weeks have had only a very few cases occur. Only on very few occasions do we see the problems on any other channels.

For me its yes tv on ch 29, 17,and 9 during blue bloods, jeopardy and wheel of fortune, night time seems really bad.

kathylea
I'm here a lot
Well it still happening got a message from Roger saying that they can't find the issue very frustrating as of tonight on May 8th it's still doing it

james039
I plan to stick around

I've been observing these dropouts for some time now and it really looks as though the affected channel(s) are being picked up via over-the-air broadcast and are suffering from drop-outs and pixelation due to a weak signal and/or excess noise. If so, they should either adjust their antennas and try to eliminate any noise sources that are close to them, or switch them to a more reliable signal source, such as a fiber-link.

I find it hard to believe Rogers can't find the issue, just watch for more than a few minutes and you will most likely see some pixelating or the video dropping entirely for a second or two.

I agree, frustrating tho, I even saved the recordings of the shows with pixelation on yes tv, wrote the times down too. Rogers seems to not care. Comcast with ignite is the streaming platform you would think they'd be able to go back and look on that but they don't seem too interested

Topic Stats