cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Drops and Some Pixelation on Channel 9 Yes TV

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

I have noticed that I have had frequent pixelation and sound drops on Channel 9 Yes TV for over a week now.  Other channels seem to be fine but this one has it often.

Is there a transmission problem going on?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

65 REPLIES 65

Re: Sound Drops and Some Pixelation on Channel 9 Yes TV

RogersJermaine

Hi @Alex4161,

Thank you for starting the topic on the issue you are experiencing. My family generally watches this channel regularly for Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy and have not noticed any issues recently.

Are you noticing this occur at a specific time of the day? Or is it happening randomly? 
Were there any recent changes made with your connection? 
Do you have multiple TVs in the home? And is this occurring on them as well?

Please let us know some more information so that we can assist you further.

Thank you
RogersJermaine

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersJermaine 

I do notice this when I watch Jeopardy and Blue Bloods which are on at 7:30 PM and 8 PM.  I have 4 tv's at home but just watch this on my bedroom TV.  Basically, the sound would randomly drop out a few times and then the picture would pixelate.  

@Alex4161, please send us a PM so we can investigate further.

RogersZia

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

Hi,

I still have this issue for over 2 weeks now where shows like blue bloods on YesTV have pixelation.  I've had my rogers modem replaced 2x, the line replaced to my home and I swapped boxes with other tv's in the house and it still happens. 

pixelation.jpg

Hi @Alex4161,

I appreciate the detailed response and thank you for reaching out to us in the PMs. I'm hopeful we can work towards a resolution.

Thank you for your participation in the Community!

RogersJermaine

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor

I have notice that too.  Since this is the only channel  I have noticed  this I just assumed that it was a network problem.  if you find a solution please post it here.  Thanks

FredGarvin
I plan to stick around

we've been having the same problem for a month or so.

Time is between 7 and 8 predominantly while watching Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy on channel 9 (Yes TV).

Lots of audio dropouts and pixelation.  Also occasionally during hockey games between 8 and 10 pm on both TSN and Sportsnet. But the worst occurrences are between 7 and 8 PM.

I should mention that we are on legacy digital TV.

reed935
I plan to stick around

I have the same problem with Yes TV (channel 25) and Fox TV (channel 36).  Often get pixelation and sound drops.  I find it happens quite often.

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

Just an update, I was watching the Masters Golf 2 days ago, I was seeing sounds drops/pixalation on CBS.  

So far I have tried the following and I still have the issues on various channels. 

- restarted the router and tv box

- switched boxes (I have 4)

- connected the box to ethernet connection vs. wifi

- tried the refresh option in help to fix issues

Seeing that I am not the only person, clearly it is not my home/equipment but a service problem with Rogers.  

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

any updates on this issue as it has been 3 weeks now?

mebe

I've also noticed the intermittent video/audio brief glitches on YesTv (digital legacy ch.09 in Toronto area). There was a quick half-second glitch at about 2:48pm today, during a Jeopardy rerun (the contestant's head changed to a giant bobble-head and moved forward as if it was trying to escape from my tv set). Another quick one-second video/audio glitch happened at 3:23pm (during Hot Bench), followed by a 2-second glitch at 3:27pm, and another 2-second glitch at 3:41pn, so it can be difficult to isolate this intermittent problem.

Last week, I noticed longer glitches during a 2am or 3am airing of "Highway to Heaven." They say that God works in mysterious ways, but clearly God is not interested in YesTV.

I rarely watch YesTV, so I don't know how often the glitches occur, but since I can't get the over-the-air signal for YesTv with my antenna, I can't tell if it's a broadcaster or Rogers issue.

Also, if you don't have the time-shifting $6 theme pack, you could add that to avoid any YesTV glitching simsubs, until YesTV is fixed.

Note: CityTv (Toronto feed only), used to have an intermittent glitching/black screen problem for several months, that would happen consistently with certain programmes (but okay on my antenna feed), however, once Rogers very recently went back to the standard 7-10 second delay (as compared to the antenna feed), rather than the greater-than 20-second delay, the CityTv problems disappeared. The Rogers CityTv Toronto signal is now a reliable channel.

You could also use the "Share a Concern" option, via the "Contact Us" link at bottom of this page, to see if the Office if the President has a contact within Rogers who can get YesTv fixed faster (that's how I got a Global-Simsub failure fixed).

God bless, YesTV ... It needs your help!

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

So I am still having this channel issue for over 1 month now and my tickets keep getting closed with no resolution.  This happened around 4:47 PM today and happens every day at any time I watch this channel and others mentioned by others in this tread. It is not a problem with my wiring but something more involved that Rogers seem to want to brush off.  Not impressed 

freezing.jpg

mebe

Since the frequent glitches happen on both legacy digital and IgniteTv, I assume most Toronto viewers should be able to spot the glitches. I can tune to channel 9, and within a few minutes, I'll see a 1-3 second glitch appear (sometimes during a commercial). The glitches happen with Live tv, or even with a PVR recording.

As a legacy digital subscriber, I'm afraid to even mention it to them, since I'll probably get the standard switch to Ignite, or try a different box. And if it glitches while they were checking the YesTv signal, their system will often claim that my box is faulty and needs to be replaced before they go any further. My snr for channel 9 is 39.3 db, so it's a nice strong signal. I haven't called tech support to complain about YesTv, but this thread should get somebody with power to eventually get the ball rolling in the right direction.

If any of the Resident Experts see the glitching on IgniteTv, that would make it even more likely that the problem could be more easily isolated. If they don't see the glitches, perhaps it's an area-specific problem.

Since the glitches are rather brief, and can often take several minutes to re-occur, most people won't bother calling to complain (it just glitched when actor said the word "complain).

I'm curious to see how long this glitching problem is allowed to continue, but even an out-of-sync CTV Vancouver problem lasted for a month (even though many people reported it, and it was a known problem).

YesTv just glitched again at 11:17pm (during Heartland) and at 11:20pm twice, during a commercial. We can start a betting pool on how long it takes to fix. The Over is set at 30 days from today ... Anybody optimistic enough to bet the Under? ⚠️

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mebe wrote:

If any of the Resident Experts see the glitching on IgniteTv, that would make it even more likely that the problem could be more easily isolated. If they don't see the glitches, perhaps it's an area-specific problem.

YesTv just glitched again at 11:17pm (during Heartland) and at 11:20pm twice, during a commercial. We can start a betting pool on how long it takes to fix. The Over is set at 30 days from today ... Anybody optimistic enough to bet the Under? ⚠️

I can confirm the glitch.  It's a problem with the source signal that is occurring prior to encoding.  Looks like YES TV is being received as an SRDU feed, and there are either dropouts or corrupted frames on the on the satellite signal.  It could be an equipment problem at Rogers' end or it could be an upstream issue.

This has been happening on multiple channels at my house and my parents as well. I just got a text from Rogers saying it may be fixed cause they can't find a problem. I will call my parents later but mine is still doing this morning. Very irritating. Was told my parents should upgrade to ignite and that should help or fix it. I told them that's not true because I have ignite and it does the same thing. All channels I have noticed but ones we have on most often are channel 9, 21 and 27. This needs to be escalated.

Carebear7283
I've been here awhile
This is happening to us in Ottawa so it's obviously a big issue. Rogers needs to do more

james039
I plan to stick around

I can confirm I've seen this in Ottawa, on Yes TV (Ch 25), CBS Detroit (Ch 13), and ABC Detroit (Ch 20). It seems to be impacting on several channels, and is happening frequently enough to be distracting.

reed935
I plan to stick around

So ... looks like there is a problem somewhere.  From Ottawa, I see this problem all the time on channels 25 (Yes TV), 36 (Fox) and am now seeing it on shows I have recorded on channel 7 (CTV).  Super annoying to be watching a show and then missing key parts of what's going on and being said because of all these glitches.  It also seems to be getting worse over time (ie. happens more often during the broadcasts).  Would be nice to see something official from Rogers on this ...

reed935
I plan to stick around

Correction ... the show that I recorded, that had so many dropouts, was actually Fantasy Island on channel 36 (Fox) and not CTV.

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

Thanks for the posts and info. Hopefully Rogers can fix the other channels as well so that we can start watching tv without sound drops and broken picture.  I could expect this issue running rabbit ears antenna getting free tv over the air. I expect more reliability when we are paying money for services. 

Topic Stats