cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, there's a problem. ... can't change any flex settings while box being returned

LJD2005
I plan to stick around

Another POLICY problem:

I just got Ignite TV 10 days ago, with 2 boxes. One is faulty (spent 53 mns on call with tech to determine this) so I have shipped it back, and have even now received the replacement box, which works fine. PROBLEM: I want to change/update my FLEX channels ... but it won't let me, ostensibly due to this "open ticket" due to faulty hardware. 

RIDICULOUS. So all my TV watching is held hostage (on the one good box, and now good 2nd box) until Rogers has closed the ticket only after having received the returned faulty box (which they received last night). That's a week or more of wrong stations! ABSURD. We should still be able to alter our software choices while ONE piece of hardware it being replaced, especially as it now takes days and days via Post (instead of Techs coming next day as in the long ago nice days of service in the past, yes, they were real).

This is the "error message" when I try either "Exchange flex Channels" or "Manage Channels and Theme Packs":

"Sorry, there's a problem.
Looks like there's a pending work order on your account! Please contact us for more help."

and before you suggest it: yes, I DID "contact them for help", they say can't make changes either while this "pending work order" is open, they say they don't have access to the channels while this is open.

NONSENSE.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sorry, there's a problem. ... can't change any flex settings while box being returned

RogersCorey

I am sorry for the inconvenience. An open order such as this does legitimately prevent us from making changes to your account.

If we've recently received the box back at our warehouse, the order should be closed shortly and then you'll be able to change your Flex Channels.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: Sorry, there's a problem. ... can't change any flex settings while box being returned

LJD2005
I plan to stick around

Yes, that's the company word. I challenge the term "legitimately". It's a matter of policy and coding. We should still be able to have full access to software changes on a still-working-and-paid-for service (one box was functioning) while some other hardware problem is outstanding. I am suggesting this be pushed up the line as a future improvement. As it's been over a week now, I expect some compensation. 

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can discuss compensation options. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

LJD2005
I plan to stick around

Will do. Thanks. STILL not able to update TV options online (10 days now) despite Rogers having received the faulty box 3 days ago. 

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation