cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Android TV restarts when Powered On using Ignite TV XR15 remote

hyuga9
I plan to stick around

Hi there,

I have ignite TV for 4 months now and this issue only started 3 weeks ago. I have read a few threads and already tried many things; including turning the HDMI-CEC off from both TV box and TV

- Ignite TV XR15 remote (HDMI-CEC function OFF)

- Sony 2015 4K Android TV (Bravia Sync function OFF)

From switching to Ignite TV until December 2020 (working fine):

- Power off via XR15: will put Sony TV to standby (as it supposed to be)

- Power on via XR15: will wake Sony TV (as it supposed to be)

Since December 2020 (issue started and getting worse):

- Power off via XR15: will put Sony TV to standby (as it supposed to be)

- Power on via XR15 (after a short period of time [within 2-3 hours] after Power off): will wake Sony TV (as it supposed to be)

- Power on via XR15 (after a LONGER period of time after Power off): will restart the Sony TV. TV will take a few minutes to restart (i.e. Sony/Android screens loading) and then power off.

Not sure if others with Sony Android 4K TV have encounter similar issue. And hope an update to the TV box will be available to fix the problem soon.

Best,

hyuga9

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Sony Android TV restarts when Powered On using Ignite TV XR15 remote

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks for the update. This is indeed a strange one, but we've seen a few around here lately. 

hyuga9
I plan to stick around

Something good (and strange happened)...

For the past 2 weeks, I am able to turn on the whole system (wake up TV box, turn on TV and soundbar) without issue. I have not change any settings on either the TV box, TV or the XR15 remote.

Hope this will continue to stay.

Aspira
I've been around

It appears I have solved this issue on my Sony Bravia - Ignite system without a factory re-set.  Periodically my TV would restart, even after 3 hours of using the Netflix app build into the TV (not through the Ignite box).  Generally the re-starts happened within 10-15 seconds of power on. After months of random re-boots I realized that the the Samba app had appeared during the last software update.  So I went into the system apps and disabled the Samba app. Note that I did not go into the Samba app to turn it off.  Instead I went into the system apps and disabled the entire Samba app.  I've gone 5 days without a re-start and believe there might be a bug conflict with Samba.  Hopefully my solution is a permanent one.

Topic Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 4 in conversation