Song identify not working with voice remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dweezil38
I've Been Here Awhile

Song identify not working with voice remote

So why doesn't the song identify work anymore?

**Labels Added**

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Song identify not working with voice remote

@Dweezil38 wrote:
So why doesn't the song identify work anymore?

Confirmed.  Music identification is not working for me either.

@CommunityHelps  You can reproduce this problem by tuning into a Stingray Music channel (e.g. Channel 388) and issuing the "What song is this?" voice command.  I get an error message saying, "Sorry, your TV box doesn't support music identification.  Please try using this feature on another TV box."

garry53
I've Been Here Awhile

I first noticed Music identification stopped working for me June 15,2021.

I tried all of my 3 TV Boxes and they all said:

"Sorry, your TV box doesn't support music identification. Please try using this feature on another TV box."

I tried a modem reboot.

After the modem was reset, I did a reboot on all 3 TV boxes.

I then tested all TV boxes and they still show:

"Sorry, your TV box doesn't support music identification. Please try using this feature on another TV box."

I am going to contact Rogers Tech Services and try to find out what is going on.

RogersTony

Hello, @Dweezil38@garry53, and @-G-

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums to you both!

I can understand how disappointing it is to lose a feature that you enjoyed using. 😞

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We have reached out to our support teams and they have advised that they are aware of this issue and are looking into it.

Once we get an update on this we will update the community.

RogersTony

DangerGirl6
I'm Here A Lot

I’m experiencing The same issue today’s June 25 people have been complaining about this for well over a week what’s taking so long to fix this issue
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DangerGirl6 wrote:
Experiencing the same issue what is taking so long to repair this

It's not just Rogers.  Music identification has been broken for Comcast customers as well for at least the past six weeks: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/song-identification-feature/609c9cae048e670ca85ed40a

DangerGirl6
I'm Here A Lot

Well with all due respect to Comcast viewers I don’t get Comcast in Canada I only get Rogers or Bell and right now this issue is relatively new
Obv it’s a software issue but I’d like to know when Rogers is going to repair it
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DangerGirl6 wrote:
Well with all due respect to Comcast viewers I don’t get Comcast in Canada I only get Rogers or Bell and right now this issue is relatively new
Obv it’s a software issue but I’d like to know when Rogers is going to repair it

I opened a ticket with Rogers and got confirmation that it has been escalated internally.  It doesn't appear to be something that the Rogers Ignite TV support team can resolve on their own.

Ignite TV also uses hardware/software/firmware that Comcast develops and also uses Comcast-hosted servers in the back-end to provide some services as well.  If the problem is caused by a firmware bug or if a service, that Comcast provides, is either down or unavailable for whatever reason, Rogers will be waiting on Comcast for a fix.  Given that Music Identification is still broken for Comcast's own customers, and has been broken for over six weeks now, well... I'll leave it to you to do the math as to when we might expect a fix.

I don't work for Rogers but I'm pretty sure the answer to that question is, when they get a fix from Comcast.

DangerGirl6
I'm Here A Lot

Well thanks for the update

they also use software from TiV
I know it seems incredible that they can not create their own software for a product that they sell

and based on what you’ve told me it’ll be a cold day before this issue gets resolved😡

Thanks for update.. very much appreciate it should be all plays bets as to what day and month year this will be resolved😝

DangerGirl6
I'm Here A Lot

it is utterly shameful that Rogers cannot create their own software/etc but instead has to buy it or borrow it or lease it from Comcast and TiVo

Rogers is selling the service but if Comcast chooses not to fix this particular feature
I guess Rogers customers will have to suffer

maybe Rogers can ask Comcast to cover 50% of the cost of ignite my package since it’s their software that is screwing up!!