cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some iPhone Apps Not Connecting to Ignite Home Internet

TorontoCorrado
I've been here awhile

iPhone11 - using apps like Spotify, Snapchat, Tiktok won’t connect to wifi even though phone is connected to ignite wifi and other apps like Instagram work fine!
If I connect my phone to another wifi (friends phone hotspot), everything works fine. If I used my own data, everything works fine.

But for some reason when I connect to my home network, many of the apps stop working.

Any ideas?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Some iPhone Apps Not Connecting to Ignite Home Internet

Thanks for the advise. I’m not sure what happened but all apps on both phones are now working. The issue fixed itself overnight. With no explanation as to why or how.

FYI - I did do a modem reboot with no improvement at that time and no I did not have any parental controls enabled.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersTony

Hello, @TorontoCorrado

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

I know how important it is to have access to all of your favourite apps via Wi-Fi.

Are you only experiencing issues on the iPhone 11 or are there other devices in your home network that are affected?

Have you tried to reboot or reset the modem to see if issues are persistent?

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

I’m having this issue on an iPhone 11 and another iPhone 10. But no issues on my personal iPhone 11.

Hello again, @TorontoCorrado

Thanks for providing us with that info.

Have you previously set up any parental controls using the Ignite WiFi Hub app?

If you have not already, please attempt a factory reset of the modem. You can find the steps listed here. You can use the Ignite WiFi hub app to set up your modem again using the same WiFi network name and password so all of your devices reconnect automatically.

Let us know if issues are persistent after attempting to factory reset the modem.

RogersTony

Thanks for the advise. I’m not sure what happened but all apps on both phones are now working. The issue fixed itself overnight. With no explanation as to why or how.

FYI - I did do a modem reboot with no improvement at that time and no I did not have any parental controls enabled.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation