Slow Internet Response Time with Ignite TV system

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Slow Internet Response Time with Ignite TV system

@Jlarose99 wrote:
There are abbr. that I don't recognize, XB6 and Xi6. Are these the Rogers modem and cable box? As for the Eero hub I've already tried the "Restart Network" option in the app but this didn't solve the problem,it had no effect on it.

Sorry about that.  The XB6 is the modem and the Xi6 is the set-top box.  It sounds like you do need to reset the modem in this case as well.

When performing a total reset of your Ignite TV components, the order is important:

1. Reset the Modem first.  I do this by pulling the power plug, waiting a few seconds, then powering it back on again.  This reinitializes the internal network hardware and software components and reestablishes the connection to the Rogers network.  Wait for the modem's status LED to turn solid white.
  2. Restart your eero WiFi mesh.
  3. Cycle power on your set-top boxes.  Ensure that your wireless devices have reconnected to the network.  If you have any devices connected via wired Ethernet, either reboot the device or disconnect the device from the network and then reconnect.  This forces all devices to get new network addresses from the XB6 modem.

I'm not a fan of the turn-it-off-and-back-on-again approach to fixing things but once in a blue moon, Ignite TV will start acting strange and the full-reset routine will usually get things back into a good state again.

I Plan to Stick Around

Great I'll try this. Now just to make sure I'm not mistaking, I also have to unplug the WiFi extender that is in the other room that is part of Eero, right? After this is done do I have to also reboot each individual device connected to the network also?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jlarose99 wrote:
Great I'll try this. Now just to make sure I'm not mistaking, I also have to unplug the WiFi extender that is in the other room that is part of Eero, right? After this is done do I have to also reboot each individual device connected to the network also?

Are you referring to a (non eero) WiFi extender or the "eero Beacon"?  Doing a full eero Restart through the app should reset both the eero main hub and the Beacon.

I don't want to make this procedure any more complicated than it needs to be.  What we are trying to do is to reset XB6 modem (and this "refreshes" its internal network settings) and then make sure that all of the devices on your network disconnect and reconnect so that they in turn "refresh" their IPv6 network addresses and get back in sync with the XB6.

In addition to resetting the eero mesh itself, Restarting the eero should also force all of the wireless devices that are connected to it to disconnect from the network and reconnect, without having to do this manually on every device.

I Plan to Stick Around

Great. Thank you
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you it seems to have resolved the issue at, it doesn't appear to be looking for something now when I try to load a page most of the time. It still does it occasionally but I'll accept that as busy servers. Overall I'm happy thank you for the answer. Cheers!