cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip Forward Reset

Funchick76
I've been here awhile

Worst remote ever!!!

Used the (exit exit exit 0030) to change the skip fwd on the Page up button.

Today it randomly reset back to the five minute jump. And now the above code doesn't work.

Any new ideas?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Skip Forward Reset

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

"Why are you bothering with the skip forward button at all. Just use the voice command and say forward three minutes or 30 seconds, or whatever amount you wish to skip forward. It also works in reverse, ie, rewind 3 minutes, etc"

Because using voice to skip forward 3 mins 30 seconds is often not enough so have to add an extra one or two 30 seconds  skips is very often needed.

My boxes have also been changed to 5 minutes skip randomly. I noticed it does that if I start to watch a recording  that is in process of being recorded as opposed to one that it 100% recorded.

To correct it I exit exit exit 0500, back to 5 minutes, then restart the box, then exit exit exit 0030 to set it back to 30 seconds.

It is a pain.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

slick1
I plan to stick around

same thing happens with me.  Seems to do a 30 skip in the morning then changes back to 5 minutes skip during the afternoon.  Happens most of the time on my set.  Got tired of the 5 minute skip so I have just been using the fast button.

RHstats
I plan to stick around

Why are you bothering with the skip forward button at all. Just use the voice command and say forward three minutes or 30 seconds, or whatever amount you wish to skip forward. It also works in reverse, ie, rewind 3 minutes, etc

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

"Why are you bothering with the skip forward button at all. Just use the voice command and say forward three minutes or 30 seconds, or whatever amount you wish to skip forward. It also works in reverse, ie, rewind 3 minutes, etc"

Because using voice to skip forward 3 mins 30 seconds is often not enough so have to add an extra one or two 30 seconds  skips is very often needed.

My boxes have also been changed to 5 minutes skip randomly. I noticed it does that if I start to watch a recording  that is in process of being recorded as opposed to one that it 100% recorded.

To correct it I exit exit exit 0500, back to 5 minutes, then restart the box, then exit exit exit 0030 to set it back to 30 seconds.

It is a pain.

Adriano66
I've been around
This truly is the worst remote Rogers has ever produced. I hate it. It interferes with my enjoyment of their service.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation