Should I Make the Switch to Ignite TV?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Should I Make the Switch to Ignite TV?

As others have stated here many times on this thread.
Not to say the product is perfect..

But from the sounds of it, your problems are more likely due to SIGNAL, either to the modem or the wifi itself.

The issue is right now, with not having FULL setup often by technicians, these things are not always checked and customers experience problems.

Have they actually tried to send a tech out?

What is the exact brand and model number of TVs?
As I have actually for a while run Ignite at my mother in laws, on two TUBE TVs, and it was able to do codes for those remotes.

sadchel
I Plan to Stick Around

Just made the switch to Ignite yesterday. Mostly went well but a couple issues.

1.  When I go MYRogers page to swap flex channels there is no page/info or anything about my new Ignite system. I called Rogers Saturday morning and the rep said it takes 24hrs for the system to update my account. BUT it's now over 24 hrs and still the same.

2. On 1 of my boxes it will not show STARZ and Superchannel (asks to me subscribe) even thou I do and other boxes work. Even more strange the guide is slightly off.  Some channel locations are different.......eg Channel 8 CTV is channel on 12, CBS Buffalo is on 17 not 16.

It almost like the box is configured for a different package/user and a different region

any insight??   

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sadchel wrote:

Just made the switch to Ignite yesterday. Mostly went well but a couple issues.

1.  When I go MYRogers page to swap flex channels there is no page/info or anything about my new Ignite system. I called Rogers Saturday morning and the rep said it takes 24hrs for the system to update my account. BUT it's now over 24 hrs and still the same.   

Ideally, Rogers should have had everything set-up for you in their systems on installation day... but it's also not unusual for it to take a day or two before you can do things such as exchange Flex channels, etc.

2. On 1 of my boxes it will not show STARZ and Superchannel (asks to me subscribe) even thou I do and other boxes work. Even more strange the guide is slightly off.  Some channel locations are different.......eg Channel 8 CTV is channel on 12, CBS Buffalo is on 17 not 16.

It almost like the box is configured for a different package/user and a different region

any insight??   

That is WEIRD.  I have NEVER heard of such a thing happening.  If you are concerned that this one set-top box may be associated with another account, check to see what (if anything) is stored on the cloud PVR, and if it is different from what you see on your other boxes.  Also, go into "Settings / Device Settings / Network" to confirm that your set-top boxes are all connected to the same WiFi network (yours) and that it did not auto-connect to a neighbour's Ignite XB6 gateway.

Also, log into MyRogers, go to the TV section, look under "Ignite TV Box(es)" and double-check that the MAC addresses and Serial Numbers match the ones that you were given.

If everything checks out okay, go to one of your "good" set-top boxes and perform a "System Refresh".  (Press the "A" button on your remote, scroll to "System Refresh" and click OK/Select.)  This should get all of the Rogers back-end systems in sync with each other and sync/refresh all of your Ignite set-top boxes.

sadchel
I Plan to Stick Around

The box is the same wifi

Can't check MAC and serial # until my MyRogers account is udpated

BUT, as you said, it is WEIRD 

Update, I checked the saved shows in the cloud on the 1 box, and there are a whole bunch of programs in there that are NOT mine. So  i guess this box is associated with another account.

PS it does not show in the Ignite wfi app in connected devices.  

kgrosvold
I Plan to Stick Around

When is the feeling that current Rogers customers are going to be forced onto the Ignite system?  I understand that there is no more digital for new customers, but are existing customers actually going to be forced to upgrade at some point?

Kev

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kgrosvold : At some point yes, but it could be years from now.   However, pricing for Digital Cable may not be to your liking...  You will have to decide at "renewal time". 

kgrosvold
I Plan to Stick Around

ah.....a forced decision if you will.
Not looking forward to it.....

Kev
ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kgrosvold wrote:
ah.....a forced decision if you will.
Not looking forward to it.....

Kev

Fear of the unknown is a lot worse than the reality. 

I switched a month ago.  There are some annoyances, but I have not yet caught myself saying "Gee, I wish I was back with Digital".

kgrosvold
I Plan to Stick Around

I am mostly concerned about 2 things:

1.  The 4K channels will not look as good as with the NextBox digital (blocky, blurry, channels taking time to "come in", etc)

2.  I have the Gigabit internet which I realize should be more then adequate.  I do a lot of heavy streaming (4K files) and the last thing that I need is to be tied in with a tv (or 2) biting into that bandwidth and affecting it.

Everything else about Ignite TV is awesome, but once I switch I cannot revert back, so if I find that my "worries" above are warranted, I'm stuck.

Kev

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you have a good solid internet connection now, giving you the speed you pay for, then you shouldn't have any bandwidth concerns. A 4K stream usually takes about 25 mbps and 1080P is usually around 10 mbps, so you'd need a lot of parallel streams to eat into a 900 mpbs.