Should I Make the Switch to Ignite TV?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Should I Make the Switch to Ignite TV?

Thanks @RogersJo 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Is Rogers Ignite tv and internet worth it?

If so can you use an older tv model?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gregorysykes00 : Looks like your post may have been moved to this existing thread - read earlier posts.  Have a look at the following thread comparing Digital Cable with IgniteTV.  I'm assuming you currently have Rogers Digital Cable.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/How-do-you-like-Ignite-TV-compared-to-Digital-Cable/...

As for an older TV, if it has an HDMI input, you should be fine once the Rogers TV box is properly set up.  If the TV doesn't have HDMI, then you would need an adaptor since Ignite TV box only has HDMI out.

If you are currently having any issues with Rogers Internet, get those fixed before switching since IgniteTV is sensitive to internet issues since it's IPTV.  

Also, IgniteTV is currently on Self-install during COVID-19.  If you're not comfortable setting things up yourself, you may wish to wait.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Don't waste your time and money with ignite. It has been nothing but a nightmare. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mauricioayala wrote:

Don't waste your time and money with ignite. It has been nothing but a nightmare. 

If Ignite TV was not installed correctly, if you have problems with your Rogers Internet connection or if your in-home network is not entirely stable, then Ignite TV will be a nightmare.  For me, it has been trouble-free.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

did you resolve your issues with ignite??
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Mine is working great! I am pleased with it.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Don’t it’s the worst service... they themselves don’t know what they are selling. The price is off the roof and the fee keeps changing.