Should I Make the Switch to Ignite TV?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Should I Make the Switch to Ignite TV?

Miramichi NB.  Zero issues here, definitely an improvement over Fibe TV.  The only disadvantage is the 15MB upload rate when compared to Fibe internet. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Woodsie1 
I am guessing you have direct fiber?

Just a not for others reading.  Direct fiber is not available everywhere.
Regular Fibe (where if even if that is available... like me I cant get it), is a max 10 upload.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The switch to Rogers Ignite TV made sense for our family.  We will save more than $700 annually compared to separate providers for home phone and Internet / TV.  Rogers offered free installation.  We now have consistent Home Phone, TV and Internet services on every floor of our house and use the Rogers Ignite app to control access and security. We can access services from anywhere via the Internet.

I have more details on our personal installation experience here: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Rogers-Ignite-TV-Installation-Experiences-Questions/...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Switched to Rogers ignite a month ago. Have issues with it DAILY!!! Freezing, black screen, mouths are lagging far behind from the sound. It’s extremely frustrating. Can’t even watch TV. So mad we made the switch. Been with Rogers for 10+ years but about to make the switch to Bell. We have to unplug the modem 10+ times a day. I will tell anyone to avoid getting ignite at all costs!!!

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Sorry to hear about your poor experience. That is not typical. What have your done to try and resolve the issues, or have you been hoping that it will go away by itself? You did not provide any details on your setup, and it seems you are just venting rather than trying to find a solution. You might be surprised about the help you could get here.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I’ve called into Rogers twice with them trying to assist me. Gone through a bunch of troubleshooting steps and still nothing has helped. I am venting because I want to warn other people about the issues we’ve been experiencing. We had a technician come and set up our ignite box professionally so it should have been setup correctly right?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Same issue here!! The Ignite TV box seema not working.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@cnapp23 Wrong assumption about the install. There may be issues that were not exhibited at the install, e.g., freezing and black screen issues are usually due to a network problem (either local or remote), and may not be experienced in the first 5 minutes after a reboot/setup.

Yes, it is frustrating, and you may need to constantly harassing the Rogers Concierge/support until it is resolved, i.e., call every time you experience a problem. Rebooting on your own will not resolve the it. At the end of the day you should be getting at least a credit from the time you switched over until it is working normally.

More details on your setup are required for to try and identify the source of the problem.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Like you we have been with Rogers for over 10 years and made the switch! We are thinking the same due to issues with the tv and internet, service before was by far much better

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Correct, there could be other problems in the area as well,

I have been with Rogers for over 25 years, had cable up to Nov, 2019 No issues at all,  then switched to Ignite TV, 

I did all the reading on reviews and understood the risk that came with the change over, once you go Ignite you can not go back to cable, 

I'm happy with it!

Yes it does go down and when it does you loose TV, Internet and Phone and Security, but this is only for 1 - 5 minutes, the longest downtime i have had was 1 hour, i survived! 😉 

I had the Roger Tech over and here are some of the issues in the area:

-Noise coming from other peoples home thru the cable

-Bad Wire somewhere on the street,

as for internet and TV in the house YES Get the Pods!!!! they work GREAT!!! 

Another thing the Tech mentions to me was do NOT swap out the modem just because you think it may be the problem because doing this could take 1 hour to 1 DAY with the network to change the serial number so take caution and ASK BEFORE you swap the modem out! (Tech that was here was a Rogers Senior Tech)

Also Please remember, with this New Ignite System, EVERYTHING runs off the Internet, so when it goes down so does TV-PHONE-SECURITY and INTERNET unlike Cable, Internet would go down but you still had TV,

So, Back to the question do I change or Stay? ... ASK Other people in your area how they like it and check it out, READ READ READ you will get a LOT of information and what to expect here in this group chat,

Me Personally in the Mississauga Area I would say GO FOR IT! 

Great Picture and audio, LOVE the ability to move the TV anywhere and outside! NO MORE CABLE for the TV!, and the voice control remote!!!!NICE!  Also Netflix and PRIME is now on your TV,

When watching TV or recorded shows hit the mike button and say Pause, or go back 10 seconds or fast forward, way better then messing with the buttons FF-REW-STOP

Any Questions feel free to ask! 

Gerald in Mississauga Ontario

And please do NOT freak out on the Rogers customer service people answering the phone, they are just doing their job taking calls and trying to answer your questions, nothing could be more upsetting then having some "person" call in and be disgusting and abusive just because you don't have TV or internet, this is someone's son, daughter, wife or dad you are speaking to...