Should I Make the Switch to Ignite TV?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Should I Make the Switch to Ignite TV?

I was a former Digital TV customer and cancelled my service (twice) because Rogers could not resolve the constant pixellation and macroblocking that I was seeing on switched digital video channels or get bugs fixed in the set-top box software.

So far, I haven't experienced any major problems with Ignite TV.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am curious about how many of those responding to my issue have large screen (100" +) projection system. That really is my main complaint. For my system Dgital TV and my HD projector, it was a perfect match in terms of high quality video.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its outputting the SAME video standards.. 720, 1080i, 1080p, etc.. so it really shouldn't change from the one box to the other.
(Unless you were using an older box, which wasnt doing 1080?)
One thing to look at would be the video settings.. change from AUTO to a fixed resolution, as that might improve stuff (rather than it trying to match a resolution from the display device)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The old Netbox3 was switched out and the new Rogers installed.  No changes at the projector settings.  Signal was 1080p so the Ignite box must be doing some "post-processing" otherwise, I would have expected it to be virtually the same video quality.

I tried changing the video settings (720p, 1080i) on the Ignite settings but no changes.