Should I Make the Switch to Ignite TV?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Should I Make the Switch to Ignite TV?

i absolutely hate ignite, mostly because i wasn't informed by the salesperson OR the installation tech that once you switch, if you hate it or have issues, you can't switch back. no matter what. which i personally think is nonsense, i think rogers is just refusing to switch me back to my far superior digital cable. i hate the boxes, i hate the controllers, i hate the interface, i hate the ZERO instructions that the tech gave us during installation. if you still have digital cable, hold on to it for dear life.
I'm Here A Lot

Well, after reading all the negative postings on these forums, I get the impression that Ignite TV is not mature enough yet, and Rogers have a long way to go. I understand that there are probably many customers that are happy, but for those that are not, then they are not given the option of going back to digital cable. The upshot is that Rogers will end up losing customers.
My current promotions expire soon and so I have decided to sign up for another 12 months of digital cable.

I Plan to Stick Around

To be fair Rogers has earned a positive update from our family. We made the switch to Rogers Ignite TV four months ago and so I will call this our “Quarterly report + 1.”

1. Our set-up consists of the Rogers Ignite Modem (150) and three wireless Ignite TV boxes over three floors. We have three TV's, five heavy Internet users (two work from home), home phone, Rogers wireless phones, PlayStation and other connected devices.
  2. We use Harmony Hub to control all devices, D-Link PowerLine AV 500 for Ethernet and the Ignite App to control access.
  3. I can confirm our savings of ~$700 annually compared to separate providers for home phone and Internet / TV. Rogers offered free installation and waved all transfer/cancellation charges.
  4. The Home Phone, TV and Internet services have been consistent on every floor of our home. Zero complaints from all family members! We can access services from anywhere via the Internet. Performs as advertised.
  5. We have had to unplug / replug (reboot) individual wireless Ignite TV boxes twice so far.
  6. I posted the details on our personal installation experience here one month in: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Rogers-Ignite-TV-Installation-Experiences-Questions/...

Thanks for the help from Rogers personnel and people on this Forum while tuning up our set-up. I definitely recommend working closely with your Rogers Ignite TV Concierge and Install Tech. Cheers!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I quickly wanted to add to Kromtara's post - in a likewise positive vote for Ignite.

I have had Ignite for a few months now and am very happy with the product/service/total package. Everything for us has been better - great voice command remote, better picture and general ease of use.

My only issues to date, like Kromtara, have been a couple of reboots required when connectivity had an issue - nothing concerning, at this point.

I would just like to add that for those on the fence and reading posts here, just bear in mind that often on boards like these, more people are posting with complaints, looking for answers or to vent (not discounting anyones issues), rather than people that are having good results looking to share their happiness with the world about a big, bad telecom company.

That isn't to say that anyone should take the plunge and expect my positive results as every situation is different. However, I would expect there are many happy subscribers.

Good luck with your decision.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So far, my experiences with Ignite TV have continued to be very positive as well.  When occasional issues have come up, Rogers has made every effort to resolve them quickly.  I also don't want to be dismissive of anybody who continues to experience issues with any aspect of the service either.  Hopefully their problems will be resolved as well and Rogers will learn from those negative experiences and use that knowledge to make Ignite TV even better for everybody.

I Plan to Stick Around

Consider yourself one of the "lucky one"  if your ignite tv is flawless.
I have gone through every single issue and currently suffering from micro freezing
Btw- I am in gigabite internet and tv and home

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As someone stated above.. i dont think its necessarily being a 'lucky one'.

Its hard to say without seeing exact numbers.  
But if you took each person on here expressing an issue, out of however many people overall currently have Ignite... thats going to be an Very small %.
Again without numbers.. its hard to tell.  How many more have issues but havent complained??  How many more are completely fine?

Personally I know about 20 people on rogers.  And about 3/4 of them have switched to ignite.  And not one of them yet has experienced any of the major issues (outside of the once in a blue moon reboot of the box).

Its all in perception.
For someone like myself who has been on here helping others with their experience, going back to PRE the nextbox 2.0 boxes, and have seen all the issues that can/have come up over time.  Digital cable has had overall I would probably say MORE issues than people here have experienced.   
There might be very few present now... but thats now that its approaching EOL.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Gdkitty ,

One unhappy customer is too many!

Your comment doesn't help. So Rogers should ignore people with issue just because 90%  don't have problem.

As I said I'm paying for service and expect to get what is advertised. 

I'm Here A Lot

And also the point that 

I Plan to Stick Around

And trust me as much as I hate BELL, as soon as gigabit is available in my area, I drop rogers and run!