Should I Make the Switch to Ignite TV?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Should I Make the Switch to Ignite TV?

Thanks for your reply. I am worried that our signal is too poor and don’t want to go through the hassle unless I can get assurances.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have had several techs at my residence over the past few months since getting Ignite TV and the one thing they all agree upon is that I have a very strong signal and (when working) very fast Wi-Fi.    Just off the top of my head here is a list of the issues that I have had:

-audio/video out of sync on BNN; (current)

-box not waking up when in sleep mode; (seems to be fixed)

-guide that freezes up; (current)

-programs not recording or disappearing; (seems to be fixed)

-channels that I subscribe to missing from the guide; (current)

- a modem that kept rebooting every 5 minutes; (seems to be fixed)

- picture that freezes every few seconds on some channels; (current)

- occasional slow playback from recorded shows; (seems to be fixed)

- AMC looks like it playing over a dial up modem; (current)

-Youtube often takes several attempts to get it to load (though Netflix has always been super fast) (current)

I've Been Here Awhile

It sucks freezes and no sound many times in a 24 hour period. Techs on line tell you they do checks and nothing is wrong but the problems continue
I've Been Around

Don't waste your money, I have had a few months, aggravating.
I've Been Around

If I were you I wouldn't switch to ignite tv. They have a known issue with their tv boxes. They have a software glitch that causes them to lockup and become non functional. The only way to fix this is for a technician to come to the house to swap the box out.. It is so widespread that they don't have enough technicians to keep up. If your box locks up you are looking at 3 weeks to have it replaced. This is unacceptable in my opinion and rogers needs to do something about this. My advice is to stay away and go to a service that is more mature and stable. Just my 2 cents
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would argue the other way.
Again at least in my experience.   But thats just it.  Each persons setup, and how the techs have actually set it up, etc.  It might vary from one person to the other.

I have had it since the day it came out.
And I do not have the daily crashes, audio issues, etc that others have listed as experiencing.
Occasionally have to reboot the box (but had to do that on the cable boxes as well).  It works and is stable for me.
But I have a really good signal (had the techs tweek it), and the wifi is decent through the house.

My mother has had it for 2 months? No issues (but she only has one box, and its literally beside the modem.)
Mother in law had it installed last week, and no issues so far (and she even has two converted down to SD with adapters for CRT TVs)

I've Been Here Awhile

NO

I am seriously regretting the switch to rogers ignite and I would love to go back in time to before this mess. I work from home and have kids so I rely on my internet and TV to work. Once again they don't - I'm missing a day of work because of this horrible "upgrade" and it's not even the first time. To add to it the technician won't be here until tomorrow after 4:00pm so I am going to miss two days of work and a deadline.
I Plan to Stick Around

Have to agree with Sara, if I had a time machine i wouldn't have switched.Now on day 17 of my account being locked up due to a "pending order" so I cannot change my flex channels or add any channels to my package. Maybe instead of hiring "celebrities" to flog it, they could actually hire some people who can help. Let's just say that NASA put a man on the moon .If it was Rogers, he'd still be there.

I've Been Here Awhile

Under no circumstances should you switch to ignite tv.  We switched and it has been a complete nightmare.  5 months of technical issues.  Have had enough.  Wanted our boxes back and guess what...once you make the switch you can not get your box back.   This is just plain criminal.   Again do not go with ignite.