cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching with Ignite TV remote

Spaniel
I've been here awhile

I recently switched to Ignite TV.  Previously, I was able to conduct searches in the Guide using the Day of Week option (the B button on the remote).   For example, If it was currently Monday, I could quickly switch to another day of the week and look at programs for that evening.  With the Ignite TV remote it appears that there is no such option.   I have to access the guide then continuously scroll hour by hour through multiple days of programs until I reach the day I’m interested in.   Is there an easier way that I’m missing?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Searching with Ignite TV remote

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Spaniel Hi, and congrats on your first Forum post!

Searching with the Ignite Guide is certainly different but there are ways to view times for upcoming episodes of a given show by hitting the Info (i)  button and then looking at either "Episodes" , "Other Times", or Series info.  One advantage of Ignite TV is that it provides a unified view of current episodes of a show on broadcast TV and On-demand as well as past episodes that are available on streaming services, such as Netflix.

When pressing the "right arrow" button when using the Guide, pay attention to the tips that get shown at the top of the screen, such as using the Fast Forward (FF) button to advance forward one day.  For example, with the Guide selector positioned on a late-night talk show, press FF to see tomorrow's episode, and so on.

One thing that I still haven't found a good solution for is, after advancing forward a few days while positioned on channel 8, to be able to see what's on channel 50 on that same day without being sent back to the current date and time in the Guide.

Also, don't forget that you can also search using Voice Commands.  Press the Mic button say the name of the show that you are interested in.  You'll see watch options for current/past episodes as well as upcoming future episodes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Spaniel Hi, and congrats on your first Forum post!

Searching with the Ignite Guide is certainly different but there are ways to view times for upcoming episodes of a given show by hitting the Info (i)  button and then looking at either "Episodes" , "Other Times", or Series info.  One advantage of Ignite TV is that it provides a unified view of current episodes of a show on broadcast TV and On-demand as well as past episodes that are available on streaming services, such as Netflix.

When pressing the "right arrow" button when using the Guide, pay attention to the tips that get shown at the top of the screen, such as using the Fast Forward (FF) button to advance forward one day.  For example, with the Guide selector positioned on a late-night talk show, press FF to see tomorrow's episode, and so on.

One thing that I still haven't found a good solution for is, after advancing forward a few days while positioned on channel 8, to be able to see what's on channel 50 on that same day without being sent back to the current date and time in the Guide.

Also, don't forget that you can also search using Voice Commands.  Press the Mic button say the name of the show that you are interested in.  You'll see watch options for current/past episodes as well as upcoming future episodes.

Spaniel
I've been here awhile

Your tip about using the Fast Forward button while in the Guide was the exact solution I was looking for.  No more endless scrolling, hour by hour, day by day.   Thanks for the helpful assistance.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 2 in conversation