cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled PVR recordings disappeared (Ignite TV)

Genevieve
I plan to stick around

I am checking my scheduled recordings; there should be over 100 for the next two weeks, and there are only 9. They were fine yesterday. All my scheduled recordings have disappeared except, for some reason, those that are on A&E. (I get the same result on both my TV boxes, and also in the app.)

Also, I can't set up any new recordings. When I try to, I get all the correct responses that my recording is set, but it isn't. HELP!

--Geneviève

*** Edited Labels ***

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Scheduled PVR recordings disappeared (Ignite TV)

Genevieve
I plan to stick around

Thank you, Laura. I didn't know about those ways to reboot, I always did it by unplugging. This will be much easier.

Cheers,

Geneviève

GarfieldTheCat
I plan to stick around

Hi,

Wonder if anyone has the same issue. This morning, I noticed all my scheduled shows wasn't recorded last night. The worst is, the schedule is empty. I have many repeated schedules and manually added schedules. Anyway to get them back? Any thoughts why this happen?

Thanks!

Hello, @GarfieldTheCat

Thanks for posting your concerns in the community.

I can imagine how frustrating it is to find some of your shows were not recorded and all of your scheduled recordings are missing. 😞

We have not been advised of an issue with the cloud PVR and recordings. We'll need a bit more information before we can determine what may have happened.

• Do you have more than 1 ignite TV box? If yes, does this appear to be happening on all the boxes?
  • Can you log in to the Ignite TV App/Website to see if the recordings are missing from there as well?
  • Have you tried a reboot of the Ignite TV box to see if the recordings return?

We look forward to hearing your response.

RogersTony

GarfieldTheCat
I plan to stick around

Thank you Tony. RogersCorey was helping me and he got all my details.

Basically, I know something had happened between 3 pm to 8 pm because the show that was scheduled for 3 was recorded. And the shows scheduled after 8 pm weren't recorded. 

It kind of resolved itself. The shows that weren't recorded, of course it wouldn't show up. But the schedule, after I tried to add back one of the lost show, after I click add, all my schedule came back. At least I don't need to reenter everything...

Any other thoughts?

I had this happen to me today. All my scheduled recordings disappeared from both my boxes and the IgniteTV app.

1. Tried rebooting box - no luck.

2. Tried System Refresh - no luck

3. Tried Gateway Restart - no luck.

4. Tried Synch DVR in Device Settings.  That did the trick.

5. Nothing recorded while the Scheduled Recordings were missing.

6. When I looked at the guide (via the STB) when the scheduled recordings were missing, the scheduled recordings had the "cancel recording" symbol in the box for the programme (red circle with oblique line).

7. Interestingly, the scheduled recordings could be seen in the "priority" list when they were missing.

8. Not sure why the recordings would show "cancelled" in the guide and would not record when they are simply "missing" from my view. - @CommunityHelps perhaps you can provide this feedback to the appropriate personnel so that scheduled recordings record even when "missing" or not "synched".  Thanks.

9. I believe the reason this comes back automatically for most people is because there are periodic synchs, but perhaps something goes amiss regarding this timing.

jaby
I've been here awhile
3 shows scheduled, all showed as recorded but when I tried to watch the message said it appears you've already watched and wouldn't let me view them. Today 2 of them disappeared from the list of recordings. Not happy, one was a season finale.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jaby : 1. Did you see my post above yours?

2. Did you note the error code if there was one? See my thread on error XRE-03091 below.  After waiting a few days I was able to view my problem recordings.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/XRE03091-Unable-to-Play-Video/m-p/494978/highlight/t...

3. Often programming will be repeated.  A voice command search may find the next airing of the missed programming and you can try recording again, or even watch it "on demand".

jaby
I've been here awhile
I've done those things. Error code xre06026. The thing I find odd is that on Sunday it showed 3 episodes of the program had been recorded then on Monday only 2 episodes were showing.
Another program scheduled to record an hour later recorded with no problems.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That error code is about as useless as the one I got.  Basically it says to wait a while to see if the issue goes away and to contact them (Rogers) if it doesn't or you don't find a workaround - like re-recording or finding the programme on-demand.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-errorcode-xre-06026

The error code explanation implies you are using a device, but perhaps I'm reading more into it than there is. Are you using a phone or tablet or computer/browser, or are you using your IgniteTV box, which is what I'm assuming?

I'm guessing that, just like me, this is some sort of temporary glitch that does go away with a bit of time.

Topic Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 12 in conversation