cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled PVR recordings disappeared (Ignite TV)

Genevieve
I plan to stick around

I am checking my scheduled recordings; there should be over 100 for the next two weeks, and there are only 9. They were fine yesterday. All my scheduled recordings have disappeared except, for some reason, those that are on A&E. (I get the same result on both my TV boxes, and also in the app.)

Also, I can't set up any new recordings. When I try to, I get all the correct responses that my recording is set, but it isn't. HELP!

--Geneviève

*** Edited Labels ***

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Scheduled PVR recordings disappeared (Ignite TV)

Genevieve
I plan to stick around

UPDATE... Scheduled recordings are back, all 216 of them. But I still cannot set up new recordings. When I try to record something using the TV remote, I get the red circle with a bar through it, like I see on cancelled recordings.

—Geneviève

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
Are your shows even scheduled? If a show is not on within the 14 day ignite tg schedule then it will not show anywherem

Genevieve
I plan to stick around

Did you miss my second message? My scheduled shows are back, I just can’t program new ones. 

Not sure what you mean by “Are your shows even scheduled?”

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Genevieve wrote:

UPDATE... Scheduled recordings are back, all 216 of them.

I don't have IgniteTV, but is it possible there is an upper limit to the number of scheduled recordings allowed, like 216, or 256, etc.  This is something I've heard of previously with other providers.  Try deleting a few recordings that are easy to reschedule and then see if you can schedule new recordings. Also, perform a system reboot.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV-Knowledge-Base/How-to-reboot-your-Ignite-TV-box/ta-p...

You may wish to start by rebooting the gateway first, then the boxes.

Genevieve
I plan to stick around

Thank you, I was wondering the same thing about 216. But I now have 219 (some added at the end, I guess). Still having problems scheduling new ones. I did reboot earlier, no change. 

We are having the same problem. Shows are showing a circle with a red line through it.
Any resolutions?

Genevieve
I plan to stick around

No resolution, but things seem back to normal this morning. Fingers crossed.

Genevieve
I plan to stick around

Sigh! Most of my scheduled recordings have disappeared again.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Have you done the Sync PVR option in settings? I am not in front of a TV at the moment to give you the full path to find it. I think it is in Device.

Genevieve
I plan to stick around

I did the Sync PVR, Not sure anything changed. Most of my Scheduled Recordings are back, although I have had one more occurrence of them disappearing. Haven’t had a full day of everything going right since this started. Fingers crossed again. 

Mike03
I've been here awhile

all my scheduled recordings have also disappeared. Only three there for today. If i look at the guide it indicates that my show will record (red circle) Tried reboot of model and tv boxes. Not happy.

wesdenyer1
I've been here awhile
Same problem with me today. Scheduled recordings gone missing and shows not recording even though red dot indicates it should record.

Hello, @Genevieve, @Meagang__, @Mike03, & @wesdenyer1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums to you all. 🙂

I know how important it is to be able to see your scheduled recordings so you can ensure that you don't miss any of your favourite programs. 

• Have any of you missed any recordings as a result of this issue or has everything still recorded as scheduled but the list is not showing everything?
  • Are you able to see the scheduled recordings via the Ignite TV app or the Ignite TV website or is it also missing there?

We just need a bit more information before we can determine what steps to take next.

We look forward to your responses!

RogersTony

Mike03
I've been here awhile
Nothing recorded. I rebooted tv boxes and modem. Still didn't work. Contacted Rogers chat this morning. They rebooted everthing remotely. All working now. Hope it stays that way.

wesdenyer1
I've been here awhile

My scheduled shows seem to be back again. I did miss recordings on Friday night (November 6th) that I had previously set up. They showed a red dot, but weren't in the scheduled list and didn't record.

We have ignite TV and just over the last day or so everytime we try to record a show we get a circle with the line through it and it doesn't record.

We have tried rebooting and refreshing the TV however it still comes up 

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Mike03
I've been here awhile
Contact Rogers. they will reboot remotely. Worked so far for me.

Genevieve
I plan to stick around

Sorry, looks like something ate my reply.

Things are still back to normal since the weekend, but here's a summary of what happened.

• Most scheduled recording disappeared intermittently.
  • For some reason, 9 scheduled recordings were still there (all on A&E).
  • While the scheduled recordings were gone, they were not recorded.
  • At one point, a large number of channels disappeared from the guide.
  • All this was true when accessing either of my TV boxes, and also in the app.

Geneviève

wesdenyer1
I've been here awhile

Exact same experience here.

Hello @Genevieve & @wesdenyer1,

Thanks for your posts! We hope you've been keeping well and staying safe! 🙂

By any chance, have either of you attempted to reboot your TV box(es) or modem to see if this restores all of your recordings and settings? This can actually be done manually, please see below for the instructions.

Reboot your TV box:

1. Press the A button on your Voice Remote to open the Help menu.
  2. Select Restart.
  3. Select Restart again to confirm.
  4. Wait a few moments for the system to reboot.

Reboot your Ignite WiFi modem via the Ignite TV Hub app:

1. Open the Ignite WiFi Hub app and sign in with your MyRogers username and password.
  2. Select Overview.
  3. Select Restart at the bottom-right.
  4. Select Restart again.

You may also reboot your Ignite WiFi modem by unplugging the power cord for a minute before plugging it back in again. Please ensure that all of your connections are tight and secure. 

I hope this helps! Please let us know how it goes!

RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 12 in conversation