Scheduled PVR recordings disappeared (Ignite TV)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Genevieve
I Plan to Stick Around

Scheduled PVR recordings disappeared (Ignite TV)

I am checking my scheduled recordings; there should be over 100 for the next two weeks, and there are only 9. They were fine yesterday. All my scheduled recordings have disappeared except, for some reason, those that are on A&E. (I get the same result on both my TV boxes, and also in the app.)

Also, I can't set up any new recordings. When I try to, I get all the correct responses that my recording is set, but it isn't. HELP!

--Geneviève

*** Edited Labels ***

Genevieve
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Scheduled PVR recordings disappeared (Ignite TV)

UPDATE... Scheduled recordings are back, all 216 of them. But I still cannot set up new recordings. When I try to record something using the TV remote, I get the red circle with a bar through it, like I see on cancelled recordings.

—Geneviève

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Are your shows even scheduled? If a show is not on within the 14 day ignite tg schedule then it will not show anywherem
Genevieve
I Plan to Stick Around

Did you miss my second message? My scheduled shows are back, I just can’t program new ones. 

Not sure what you mean by “Are your shows even scheduled?”

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Genevieve wrote:

UPDATE... Scheduled recordings are back, all 216 of them.

I don't have IgniteTV, but is it possible there is an upper limit to the number of scheduled recordings allowed, like 216, or 256, etc.  This is something I've heard of previously with other providers.  Try deleting a few recordings that are easy to reschedule and then see if you can schedule new recordings. Also, perform a system reboot.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV-Knowledge-Base/How-to-reboot-your-Ignite-TV-box/ta-p...

You may wish to start by rebooting the gateway first, then the boxes.

Genevieve
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you, I was wondering the same thing about 216. But I now have 219 (some added at the end, I guess). Still having problems scheduling new ones. I did reboot earlier, no change. 

Meagang__
I've Been Around

We are having the same problem. Shows are showing a circle with a red line through it.
Any resolutions?
Genevieve
I Plan to Stick Around

No resolution, but things seem back to normal this morning. Fingers crossed.

Genevieve
I Plan to Stick Around

Sigh! Most of my scheduled recordings have disappeared again.

Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Have you done the Sync PVR option in settings? I am not in front of a TV at the moment to give you the full path to find it. I think it is in Device.