'Saved' menu on Ignite TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

'Saved' menu on Ignite TV

Why are the programs under Saved, For you and Recordings different? I see programs I have recorded in For You list but they are not in the Recordings list.

**Labels Added**

Re: 'Saved' menu on Ignite TV

Hey @schmidtp!

Thanks so much for your feedback! Though I don't have a specific answer to your query I can certainly provide your query to our product team. Definitely let us know if you're experiencing any issues with your Ignite TV service / recordings. 

Hope you have a wonderful day!

@RogersAndy

I Plan to Stick Around

OK. I will be waiting for your team to respond.....soon I hope.

In my mind, both For You and Recorded should be identical, have all the same programs listed.

I Plan to Stick Around

@schmidtp wrote:

Why are the programs under Saved, For you and Recordings different? I see programs I have recorded in For You list but they are not in the Recordings list.

**Labels Added**

First question I would ask:

Is your settings preference for "Display Recordings on"... set to "all devices"?

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, set to all devices. I only record on one devise (TV.)

I Plan to Stick Around

@schmidtp wrote:

Yes, set to all devices. I only record on one devise (TV.)

The next question would be...

When you are on the "recordings" page, is the "filter" at the top set to "all", and the "recorded on" filter also set to "all..." ??

I Plan to Stick Around

yes

I Plan to Stick Around

@schmidtp wrote:

yes

Well...

Has Rogers given you the standard solution to EVERY computer problem:

"Turn it off, and turn it on again"?  🙂

There is another way to reboot the TV boxes which may restore stuff properly (or not):

Hold "Rogers" button for 3 seconds or so, then:...  DOWN, DOWN, 4

This takes you to a "diagnostic" screen.  On this screen you hold down the "OK" button for 5 seconds, and the TV box will reboot.   The screen might not go away immediately and you may need "exit" to make it go away.

It may take up to 5 minutes to reconnect.

I have no idea whether this is a recommended Rogers procedure or not, but I have used it to reboot boxes when their wifi  connection seemed to be screwed up.  No idea whether it would reset something like this.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have "rebooted" my set top both ways....unplug it and plug back in as well as from the help screen. I have also rebooted the main modem. What way does your method do it differently? Oh, I have 2 set top boxes for 2 separate TV's, both TV's are the same.
I Plan to Stick Around

@schmidtp wrote:
What way does your method do it differently?

Oh, I have 2 set top boxes for 2 separate TV's, both TV's are the same.

Oh, I have no idea if the behind-the-scenes boot process is any different in the "down-down-4-5secondOKKey".  Coming from as such a diagnostic screen, it may be... or not ... Rogers may know.

Have you logged into   https://ignitetv.rogers.com

... from Windows 10, to see if you get the same symptoms there?

Note that you will need to sign in to your Rogers account, and also must have FLASH enabled on your browser (I know).

If the symptoms are the same THERE, then it truly must be something in Rogers Database and would have nothing to do with your boxes.