Samsung one remote and Arris xi6-T

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Razlin
I've Been Around

Re: Samsung one remote and Arris xi6-T

Picked Comcast.

Then stuck at channel up down stage.

What model # do you use for the xfinity Xi6-t? Exactly (tried all sorts of combinations)
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, the IR receiver on the Ignite TV boxes requires a very direct line-of-sight. so will you need to ensure that you point your IR remote directly at the box.

Nothingman
I've Been Around

Hi, I've got it working with RF and all but the button functionality for page up /page down in the guide menu is missing. Is the any way we can get a custom key map uploaded to the Samsung list?
robsc
I've Been Around

thank you! this worked perfectly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@robsc wrote:
thank you! this worked perfectly

What does "This" refer to???  Please elaborate as it may help others solve their problems.

ATMT
I've Been Around

I have the same issue. Just switched to Rogers ignite and now can’t use my Samsung remote. When I go to the Samsung universal remote settings, I am selecting Comcast and then Arris, but it does not recognize the model number. I am using the number on the bottom of the box. Any help is appreciated! Thanks
pablom88
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Everyone,

So I figured it out and then found a post with the solution. I'll post the link below but essentially you just plug the box in and do the setup for the remote prompted by the tv, you select Comcast and Xfinity, and then when it asks you if it changes the channel just say yes to exit that setup. After that go to your tv settings, general/network/expert settings, and enable the IP remote setting, then go out to the input menu go all the way to the right to the universal remote option, and select Comcast you will see an option pop up to set up RF remote select that, the box will prompt you to put the code and after that, it will ask you if you want the remote to control the tv, you can skip this as by default already will and it's all done. if you pressed the right button it will take you to the guide, flipping up or down will switch the channel etc. 

Sai
I've Been Here Awhile

@Artsygirl - Once you set up under comcast - and have remote working. you can edit name back to rogers

Sai
I've Been Here Awhile

@Artsygirl  - you can change the name back to rogers by editing highlight the selected item press up arrow - edit option shows

jimc1
I've Been Around

Can you post the link you mentioned?

Thanks