cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung one remote and Arris xi6-T

StuartRadford
I plan to stick around

Ignite TV installed last Saturday. I now have to use two remotes to control Samsung UN43MU6300. I would like to control Ignite using Samsung One remote only. There is a Reddit post that states a senior technician was able to do this. I have paired remote but the channel shows "not available" on screen, but the volume can be changed.
Can I use Samsung remote only to control Ignite?

*Added Labels***

44 REPLIES 44

Re: Samsung one remote and Arris xi6-T

Soul2k
I've been here awhile

I guess there are differences.  My Universal Remote Icon has no up arrow options like the other icons do.

Artsygirl
I've been here awhile

Thank you for the tip, I tried it and it worked!  The only thing is, instead of it being named under Rogers like before, now it’s named xfinity..is that normal? Is there a way to change it to Rogers? Thanks

Its because its an xfinity remote.
Comcast in the US, is the ones who created (or had it created for them) this technology and is named by them.  So any 'specifications' would be by that naming.
Rogers just 're branded' it with Ignite.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

You can edit the description for the input.

Artsygirl
I've been here awhile

Thanks, could you kindly explain how? Or the steps? Thank you.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Source then EditSource then EditThen Edit Name and change to RogersThen Edit Name and change to Rogers

1) select source then over and Select edit

2) Edit Name to Rogers

daedae
I've been here awhile
I was able to pair the Samsung remote. You have to use the Samsung pairing for universal remote. Keep trying the channel up/down command until the 5th or 6th unsuccessful attempt. The Samsung tv will then give you the option to search for the cable box by model number. At that stage enter ignite or ignite tv. The Samsung remote will then connect and can be used.

So I bought a Samsung Q70T and I tried both Comcast and Rogers and then search for infinite TV I found them but still didn't pair the remote nor I can find an option to enable RF any ideas?

sroberto82
I've been here awhile

Hi there, I am getting stuck trying to set up the samsung remote to work with comcast. It is not passing the "change the channel" test. Any advice on how you guys were able to complete this step?

Picked Comcast.

Then stuck at channel up down stage.

What model # do you use for the xfinity Xi6-t? Exactly (tried all sorts of combinations)

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, the IR receiver on the Ignite TV boxes requires a very direct line-of-sight. so will you need to ensure that you point your IR remote directly at the box.

Nothingman
I've been around
Hi, I've got it working with RF and all but the button functionality for page up /page down in the guide menu is missing. Is the any way we can get a custom key map uploaded to the Samsung list?

robsc
I've been around
thank you! this worked perfectly

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@robsc wrote:
thank you! this worked perfectly

What does "This" refer to???  Please elaborate as it may help others solve their problems.

ATMT
I've been around
I have the same issue. Just switched to Rogers ignite and now can’t use my Samsung remote. When I go to the Samsung universal remote settings, I am selecting Comcast and then Arris, but it does not recognize the model number. I am using the number on the bottom of the box. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

pablom88
I'm here a lot

Hi Everyone,

So I figured it out and then found a post with the solution. I'll post the link below but essentially you just plug the box in and do the setup for the remote prompted by the tv, you select Comcast and Xfinity, and then when it asks you if it changes the channel just say yes to exit that setup. After that go to your tv settings, general/network/expert settings, and enable the IP remote setting, then go out to the input menu go all the way to the right to the universal remote option, and select Comcast you will see an option pop up to set up RF remote select that, the box will prompt you to put the code and after that, it will ask you if you want the remote to control the tv, you can skip this as by default already will and it's all done. if you pressed the right button it will take you to the guide, flipping up or down will switch the channel etc. 

Sai
I've been here awhile

@Artsygirl - Once you set up under comcast - and have remote working. you can edit name back to rogers

Sai
I've been here awhile

@Artsygirl  - you can change the name back to rogers by editing highlight the selected item press up arrow - edit option shows

jimc1
I've been around

Can you post the link you mentioned?

Thanks

mubashir56
I plan to stick around

Through trial and error, did the same and now the Samsung remote can change Ignite TV Box channels.

adsinottawa
I've been around

After giving up years ago, I did a quick search to see if this was resolved... the trick I kept missing was enabling the IP remote and choosing Comcast... then I could finally turn it to an RF remote!

Topic Stats