Samsung one remote and Arris xi6-T

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung one remote and Arris xi6-T

Still battling the ignite system.
During set up there is a section "cable or Satellite Contril Test". I think I have a Arris Xi6-T box (please confirm) when will this box be an option in "search model number field?
I Plan to Stick Around

Does Rogers have a xi4 box to use with Ignite?
I'm a Trusted Contributor

They are currently using Xi6-T boxes.  I have the Xi6-A versions. Not sure what the difference is.

Bill

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@StuartRadford wrote:
Does Rogers have a xi4 box to use with Ignite?

I've been reading this thread and am still unclear as to exactly what you are trying to get working.  Did you install the "Xfinity Stream" app on your Samsung TV and is this what you are trying to get working with Ignite TV?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have this working. My Samsung remote is controlling both my tv and my ignite box over RF (not IR). The secret is to set up the remote to control Comcast and go from there. Once.the setup is complete for IR, go and enable RF. you'll get a code to pair. Enter it and everything works.

Hello, @Simon14.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums and thank you for sharing the pairing technique of Samsung remote with Ignite TV box. I appreciate your contribution and thank you for your help in keeping the community a pleasant place to be.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

I have done the setup under Comcast and have IR working, how exactly do you "go and enable RF" ?
I've Been Here Awhile

Go to the remote icon in Samsung hub, click up and you should see an option to enable RF.
I've Been Here Awhile

Once this is working, the right bar on the remote brings up the Rogers guide, and selecting the home icon for Comcast on the Samsung hub brings up the main Rogerz menu.
I've Been Here Awhile

Weird, it seems my Samsung TV (MU8000) doesn't have any options on the remote icon. I guess mine only supports IR. Thanks for the explanation hopefully it will help others who have this option on their Samsung TV.