Rogers automatically extending recordings of some programs?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers automatically extending recordings of some programs?

I got a pleasant surprise the other day when I recorded a Leafs game on Sportsnet: the game ran beyond the programmed timeslot but I noticed that it did not stop recording.  I also recorded last night's game with Vancouver and saw, this morning, that it also "ran late" and the recording also got extended automatically.

Is this something that always gets done?  On a "best effort" basis?  Only for some games?  Only on Sportnet?

*** Edited Labels ***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers automatically extending recordings of some programs?

I believe that with Ignite it's not possible to extend recordings like it was with Navigatr, so IgniteTV should do this all the time for live events, etc.  I'm sure there may be instances when this fails.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No, you can extend an active recording on Ignite TV by going into "Record Options" > "Modify", but you can only change the Stop time to "3", "5", or "30 minutes late".

Extending my recording of the Leafs game was was done on the back-end with no action on my part.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- wrote:

1. No, you can extend an active recording on Ignite TV by going into "Record Options" > "Modify", but you can only change the Stop time to "3", "5", or "30 minutes late".

2. Extending my recording of the Leafs game was was done on the back-end with no action on my part.

1. I didn't realize that you could extend (somewhat). From reading posts on this forum lots of people apparently don't know how.  But with only 30 minutes, that's not enough for some events.

2. I realize that, that's the gist of my previous post.