cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers automatically extending recordings of some programs?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I got a pleasant surprise the other day when I recorded a Leafs game on Sportsnet: the game ran beyond the programmed timeslot but I noticed that it did not stop recording.  I also recorded last night's game with Vancouver and saw, this morning, that it also "ran late" and the recording also got extended automatically.

Is this something that always gets done?  On a "best effort" basis?  Only for some games?  Only on Sportnet?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers automatically extending recordings of some programs?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No, you can extend an active recording on Ignite TV by going into "Record Options" > "Modify", but you can only change the Stop time to "3", "5", or "30 minutes late".

Extending my recording of the Leafs game was was done on the back-end with no action on my part.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe that with Ignite it's not possible to extend recordings like it was with Navigatr, so IgniteTV should do this all the time for live events, etc.  I'm sure there may be instances when this fails.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No, you can extend an active recording on Ignite TV by going into "Record Options" > "Modify", but you can only change the Stop time to "3", "5", or "30 minutes late".

Extending my recording of the Leafs game was was done on the back-end with no action on my part.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- wrote:

1. No, you can extend an active recording on Ignite TV by going into "Record Options" > "Modify", but you can only change the Stop time to "3", "5", or "30 minutes late".

2. Extending my recording of the Leafs game was was done on the back-end with no action on my part.

1. I didn't realize that you could extend (somewhat). From reading posts on this forum lots of people apparently don't know how.  But with only 30 minutes, that's not enough for some events.

2. I realize that, that's the gist of my previous post.

Alex1T0
I'm here a lot

Rogers no longer recording extended shows ie hockey games:

This function has stopped working!!!!!!  I recorded last nights Leaf game. They were loosing to Tampa Bay 1-0 and with 57 seconds to go in the game the recording stopped. I learned the next day that the Leafs scored in the last minute and won in overtime.  My pvr missed  all of that!!! I sat through a 2+hour recording to miss that finish.

You HAVE to be kidding me!! (Not the words I have screaming in my head).

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Alex1T0 wrote:

Rogers no longer recording extended shows ie hockey games:

This function has stopped working!!!!!!  I recorded last nights Leaf game. They were loosing to Tampa Bay 1-0 and with 57 seconds to go in the game the recording stopped. I learned the next day that the Leafs scored in the last minute and won in overtime.  My pvr missed  all of that!!! I sat through a 2+hour recording to miss that finish.

You HAVE to be kidding me!! (Not the words I have screaming in my head).

This isn't a "function" that stopped working.  Whoever was responsible for extending the end-time of the live event didn't.

@CommunityHelps : If we find that a live event recording got cut short and report it, is it possible for somebody on the operations team to extend it after the fact?  (Technically, it should be doable.  Whether the backend allows that is another matter.)

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Alex1T0 I just checked and the Toronto/Tampa game is still available On-demand.  Just give the "Toronto Maple Leafs" voice command to go to the Leafs' home page.  Under Replays, select "Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs".

Edit: Never mind.  The replay got cut short as well with 1:45 left on the clock in the 3rd.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation