cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers On Demand App for the Amazon Fire TV?

falcios
I'm an enthusiast

I was able to download the Crave App but I don't know if Rogers On Demand is available?

Thanks in advance.

*** Edited Labels ***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Rogers On Demand App for the Amazon Fire TV?

RogersTony

Hello, @falcios

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the community.

The Rogers Ignite TV app is not available for Amazon Fire TV. If this changes in the future we will be sure to update the community.

You can find the list of compatible devices for the Ignite TV app by clicking here.

RogersTony

cata2ca
I'm here a lot

This is a follow-up of original post in Jul 2023

I have Fire-TV and Fire-Stick devices in my household running FireOS 6 and FireOS 7 ( 3 FireTV, 1 FireStick and 1 FireCube)

I prefer Fire world as I believe it is secure and easy to manage. It gives me everything I need ( including speed) except .....!! ROGERS IGNITE !!

According to Amazon website all are running Android version above Android 7.1 Nougat; your previous statement in regards Android version do not appear to be correct.

None of my devices can download Rogers Ignite TV (can do Shaw version but is useless with Rogers account). I can sideload but is useless without a Chrome Browser.

Isn't Rogers losing a large number of customers to competitors like Bell, Telus, VMedia, ....etc by refusing to build an Android app for Fire family of products?

Amazon search:

Thanks

FYI

I signed for TV + Internet last month only to cancel 2 days after when I found out that there is no support for Fire devices. To make it clear I do not want a Rogers Box, I want to use my devices with the app.

PGN
I plan to stick around

Rogers Ignite not available on a Firestick.  That sucks.

Even Shaw has it available.

What is the delay?  No extra money in it for Rogers?  

goaliebrent
I plan to stick around

They are about to lose me over this.  Casting sucks and that is the only solution they offer.

gaha1994
I've been around

ers Ignite App should be available on ROKU and FIRESTICK -- BOOOOOOO

So, you have the Rogers Shaw ignite tv app for Amazon Fire TV but not the Rogers ignite app???

@Grumpy_Claudio wrote:
So, you have the Rogers Shaw ignite tv app for Amazon Fire TV but not the Rogers ignite app???

Yes, that's correct.  At least for now.

Shaw has had a BlueCurve TV app on the Fire TV platform for quite a while.  Rogers then applied the Ignite branding.  As far as I know, the former Shaw customers still get served by independent infrastructure, so only former Shaw accounts can sign into that app.

At some point, Rogers will integrate everyone onto a common back-end.  When that happens, I can't see Rogers pulling the Fire TV app... and it would be incredibly awkward to continue to restrict access to former Shaw customers.

I don't speak for Rogers and have no inside knowledge... and I could be TOTALLY wrong about this... but I would bet that it's only a matter of time before we all see an Ignite TV app, not just on Fire TV but on all the media players that Comcast supports.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 in conversation