cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite and Sportsnet Now browser quality is awful

shk87
I've Been Around

I've noticed for the past few days/week that the video quality (on an internet browser) on Sportsnet Now and Rogers Ignite is terrible. It's also frequently buffering. I use Rogers Ignite and Sportsnet Now on a browser on my computer. 

However, the issue is not my computer or internet speed. I have high speeds and I've tried it on several different browsers on three different computers -- all are having the same issue. Plus, streaming other sites (like TSN) or Netflix, Prime, Disney, etc, all work perfectly fine. 

Sportsnet Now is a Rogers service, and considering Ignite is having the same issue, this has to be a Rogers problem. 

I've reset the modem twice, cleared my browser cache/cookies, tried running it close to the modem. None of that works. 

Thanks, 

Steve 

***EDITED LABELS***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Rogers Ignite and Sportsnet Now browser quality is awful

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@shk87 wrote:

I've noticed for the past few days/week that the video quality (on an internet browser) on Sportsnet Now and Rogers Ignite is terrible. It's also frequently buffering. I use Rogers Ignite and Sportsnet Now on a browser on my computer. 

Yeah, something weird is going on.  I am not experiencing any buffering with https://ignitetv.rogers.com ; that may be due to network issues on your side.  However, when I watch programs on my computer with a browser, I have the player configured to stream at high quality and when I start watching a channel, I initially get a low-quality stream that takes approximately 30 seconds before it switches to a high-quality stream.

I don't subscribe to SportsNet Now so I can only confirm some issues when watching Ignite TV on a computer.

shk66
I've Been Around

Still haven't heard a real answer or solution to this. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Did either of you formally report the problem to Rogers, either by calling tech support or by sending a Private Message to @CommunityHelps ?  Posting to the Community Forum will not get Rogers Tech Support engaged.

FYI, Comcast Xfinity customers have been reporting similar streaming quality issues when watching TV via the browser for the past month: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-website/terrible-quality-xfinity-stream/615f...

For me, video quality with ignitetv.rogers.com is initially poor for a short while when tuning into a channel, then switches to a high quality stream.

As for Sportsnet Now, as it turns out, I do have access to the service.  Video quality for me is excellent.  No issues whatsoever.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation