Rogers Ignite WiFi Hub > sign-in issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kentsmith
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Ignite WiFi Hub > sign-in issues

Has anyone actually been able to resolve this? Been on the phone with tech support (and several other departments they transfer me back and forth between). No one has a clue. 

Kentsmith
I've Been Here Awhile

For the benefit of the community, here are the steps to resolution:

- Call Rogers for a few days straight and get bounced back and forth between tech support and customer service 

- Spend 3 more hours on live chat getting bounced between the same groups

- Convince customer service to escalate to a higher level tech team

- That tech team will escalate once more to “day of install team” (I assume these are the technicians who would in the past be the ones that came to your house to do wiring/connections and have the actual expertise), who aren’t on live chat but will call you later at their convenience

- The day of install person will call you and click a button or two and you will be good to go in a matter of

minutes. You can then follow the process as you were originally instructed, install the app and setup your home network

Root cause: Apparently a known/recurring issue with the provisioning of your account (as described to me by the day of install expert). I assume it originates from the way your original salesperson processes your order

AD31
I've Been Around

I’ve been having the same issues to! It’s so confusing, it continuously saids “looks like you don’t have ignite wifi yet when we do”
RogersTony

Hello, @AD31

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how disappointing it has been to receive this error message when you are subscribed to the ignite Internet service.

It sounds like there could be an issue with the provisioning of your internet subscription on our back-end systems. We'll need to take a look at the provisioning and your subscriptions to ensure it's set up properly to be able to use the app. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

sara79
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there,

I cannot sign into the ignite wifi hub. It goes to the sign in page and then it says "sorry there is an issue signing you in. Please call or live chat with an agent for assistance." This means that I cannot sign into the wifi on devices that were signed out before this issue started because the wifi passport isn't working either and I can't get into the hub to approve the devices to use it. I can't even get in to change the wifi password because after signing into My Rogers on the desktop (which works fine) I click on the change wifi password link and it redirects me to the same page that the app uses that will not let me sign in. What is going on? 

ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sara79 wrote:

Hi there,

I cannot sign into the ignite wifi hub. It goes to the sign in page and then it says "sorry there is an issue signing you in. Please call or live chat with an agent for assistance." This means that I cannot sign into the wifi on devices that were signed out before this issue started because the wifi passport isn't working either and I can't get into the hub to approve the devices to use it. I can't even get in to change the wifi password because after signing into My Rogers on the desktop (which works fine) I click on the change wifi password link and it redirects me to the same page that the app uses that will not let me sign in. What is going on? 

Have you tried BOTH... 

1. the app.

2. signing in directly to the http://ignitewifi.rogers.com/ URL from a browser.

???

If both refuse to work repeatedly ... then you WILL have to talk to someone at Rogers.

sara79
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, neither are working. They did work at the beginning and somewhere over the last 3 months it stopped. I didn't notice until I tried to connect another device to the internet this week. 

PollyLM
I've Been Around

Log in error "it looks like you don't have ignite WIFI yet", so I cannot set up my new ignite modem.

RogersMoin

Hello, @PollyLM.

Thank you for posting your concern, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 

The error usually means Ignite TV account is not associated with your MyRogers profile. You can follow the support article to resolve the app access issue. 

If for any reason you still can't access the app after linking the Ignite TV account, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin