cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite TV on PC: "TV Go"?

robtoe
I'm a reliable contributor

Have Ignite TV running on my PC.

There is a CP24 channel available, and also a CP24 "TV Go" channel, which is the same feed.

Launching the "TV Go" warns of potential data charges, but in this context it is pulling data via my LAN anyway.

What's the background with "TV Go"?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Ignite TV on PC: "TV Go"?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@robtoe wrote:

I believe that the "TV Go" channels are the ones that are available outside of your home.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@robtoe wrote:

I believe that the "TV Go" channels are the ones that are available outside of your home.

robtoe
I'm a reliable contributor

Thanks that seems to be it.   I was a bit baffled though because the "TV Go" channel list is very close to my "regular" channel list, so it seemed redundant.

However, it looks like TVO (Ch 2 typically) is an exception, in that it doesn't have a "TV Go" equivalent.   Sure enough, if I try to play that via a mobile connection only, it won't allow me to watch.

Condor13
I've been around

How do I get TV on other devices?

Apert from IPads and Laptops, I have a 15 yr old TV in the basement, Can I get TV on it ?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Condor13 wrote:

How do I get TV on other devices?

Apert from IPads and Laptops, I have a 15 yr old TV in the basement, Can I get TV on it ?

If you have an older TV that either does not have any HDMI inputs or cannot process the HDMI signal from the Ignite TV set-top box, you may be able to use a converter that converts the HDMI signal to either Composite video or Component video.

See threads such as this one for more information.

afrayle
I've been around
sign in to https://ignitetv.rogers.com/
on your computer or tablet to view Rogers Ignite TV

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

Occasionally, when I'm watching a live channel or something On demand on my laptop on the IgniteTV web interface, it randomly switch to TV Go, or when I want to start watching a live channel I get a message that the channel is not available at home (when it don't have a TV Go option).

The thing is, is that I am home, but it usually fix on it own after about 30 minutes. It's just a little annoying the web interface don't always recognize that I'm home. I do not use a vpn or a proxy.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation