cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite TV & Internet constantly disconnecting

GregSim
I've been here awhile

Ever since late March our internet has been on the fritz. All wi-fi related activities (cable, TV streaming, internet browsing & gaming) are put to a screeching halt and is forced to reconnect more than several times a day. There are periods where the internet remains connected, but the constant flash-freezes in our connection is a serious obstacle. We've tried manually disconnecting and reconnecting the modem (the large black monolith that's connected directly to Cable) via its power source for ten seconds, but that hasn't solved the issue.

***Added Labels***

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Rogers Ignite TV & Internet constantly disconnecting

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jeagerXP wrote:

The Ignite Gateway does not restart, the white status light starts flashing green and then returns to solid white. I have only 5 devices on this network.  Two TV's, two computers and one android phone. The thread you mentioned speaks of the possibility of the DHCP flaking out.If that is the case one TV is on ethernet as well as the two computers. I know how set up the DHCP to manual IP but how do I assign IP addresses to the TV boxes

Your issue sure looks like a DOCSIS-related reset, with the flashing green indicating that the modem is performing an upstream registration.  I would hope that something like this would get logged in your modem's Events log.

Just because your signal levels look good doesn't mean that everything about your connection is healthy, and the problem still persists after a tech visit and after replacing your Ignite XB6 gateway.  You have already been working with Tech Support by phone but perhaps you should also try sending a private message to @CommunityHelps  and have them review your tickets.  They can also engage other teams within Rogers to investigate further.

lisamquirk
I've been around

This morning in my area, we had a scheduled power outage for maintenance. Our power was gone for 5 hours. Since getting our power back, our internet/cable has not worked. It works for 5-10 minutes and then drops again, and the modem is just flashing amber/yellow. Is there an outage in my area or is it just me? I can’t seem to find any help.

Hello @lisamquirk,

I hope this message finds you well! Thanks so much for joining us in the Rogers community and for posting your concern. 🙂

First things first, are you still experiencing the intermittent connection issue with your services? If there is some maintenance work being done in your area, it is sometimes normal to see your services go up and down a few times while they are working on a fix, but once complete, this should stop.

If the problem still persists and you have already tried rebooting your modem to no avail, kindly reach out to us via PM so we can have a closer look for you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you!
RogersLaura

Topic Stats