Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

@Bplayer wrote:

@screamer wrote:
Installed the ignite tv couple of hours ago but but still no tv. Very frustrated. Have to wait for IT to open tomorrow and check and schedule another time to come and have a look. How do I change the activation date on the modem? Getting error XRE-00002 on tv after looping in you are on your way to shows, movies and more message

That is frustrating and you likely hit a weak point due to a technical problem combined with system support outage. Talk with the Concierge service to adjust your activation date and get everything up and running.

Not only frustrating but I can't believe that the installing tech left you without internet or TV for the whole weekend! He should not have left until everything was working perfectly. What's the point of having to pay an installation fee if they can't get it working. I would ask for a refund of the fee at the very least plus free Netflix and Crave for 1 year.

I've Been Here Awhile

Where can the agent find the date? On the phone and he is not aware of such date?
I've Been Here Awhile

The worse part is while talking to the IT, they transfer my call multiple times and all of a sudden the call dropped without solution
I Plan to Stick Around

Been there too many times.
I call the billing option now every time and I am connected to support that helps (and will call me back, if line is dropped). They will arrange for the installer to return (did for me).

I agree with the other response.
You shouldn't have let the ignite installer leave without showing you everything works to your satisfaction.
I Plan to Stick Around

Had the ignite system installed today.  I had the older Rogers modem bridged and was using a mesh network.  I had heard that I would have to shut that down, but the tech came and installed the new modem and plugged my mesh network into it.  The modem wifi is used for the TV’s and my mesh wifi is used for the rest of my devices.  Had boxes installed on 3 TV’s, and everything is working very well!  It was a very smooth installation.  I also got the tv box to respond to my harmony hub remote.  I think this will really change how I watch TV!

I Plan to Stick Around

Just curious about value of your configuration.
What speed do you get to your computers and does it change when you have the TVs on?
What advantage is your setup over just using the modern for everything?
What are the advantages of the Harmony remote over the new Rogers remote?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The speed shouldnt change that much while watching TV

We were watching a recorded program last night, and For something else was doing a speed test.  Was pulling 450+ on the 500u plan.
I dont think the TV was pulling 50 itself.. the speed test may have not been hitting 500 right then anyways.

I think many people like the Harmony remote, as you can set up 'chained events' on them.
The 'watch TV' button, you could set to turn on the surround sound, tune to the TV input, turn on the TV, turn on the rogers box (well used to, though it doesnt really turn on/off the same anymore)

I Plan to Stick Around

Thx Gdkitty but I was looking for more details from his configuration  

1. What did speedtest indicate for a computer with/without TVs running

2. Did you get 450+ on a computer speedtest with his configuration

3. Did the harmony remote allow connecting a receiver

I am curious about workability of his WiFi configuration and flexibilityof the harmony remote.

For your setup, does ff and fr work effectively on recordings?

Are you using a router as well (bridging) as the Rogers modem?

If you are using a router as well, what are the benefits per device type? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Everyones setup is different.. so from A to B to C can change, if the setup is not done right.. and even if its done right! LOL

My speedtests, on the 500mb plan, when I test normally (say like right now, i remote connected to home), was getting over 550mbps with nothing else really at all running at home.
I have done tests in the past will the TV was still running and got over 500 still.
Yes it was on a computer, in a wired config.

While I dont use mine on a regular basis, I did set up mine after i got the system.
The receiver does use IR and the harmony will work with it.  You just need to choose the comcast X1 system I believe as the remote/box type.

I Plan to Stick Around

@cwrb wrote:

Thx Gdkitty but I was looking for more details from his configuration  

1. What did speedtest indicate for a computer with/without TVs running

2. Did you get 450+ on a computer speedtest with his configuration

3. Did the harmony remote allow connecting a receiver

I am curious about workability of his WiFi configuration and flexibilityof the harmony remote.

For your setup, does ff and fr work effectively on recordings?

Are you using a router as well (bridging) as the Rogers modem?

If you are using a router as well, what are the benefits per device type? 

1. Speedtest results with my 155/15 service with TV, X1, and PC using wireless connection

- no internet activity, 196Mbps

- watch TV channel or playback recorded program, 193Mbps

- 4K Dolby channel demo from my LG TV, 185Mbps

- YouTube 4K channel, vary from 197-185Mbps

2. My Harmony Elite controls everything, TV, X1, DVD, Media Player, and AVR. Only function missing is voice or mouse control.

3. The benefits of a separate router are:

- additional security control and management of your network

- protect the equipment on your network from visibility by the ISP

- can provide a "guest" account

4. FF and REW work on my recorded programs, as does skip ahead/back.